Expired Shadow Defender [4 Days Giveaway]

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

After activation (installation), what happens when SD is uninstalled, or the OS is reformatted, etc., does it lose the validity of the license, even though it is "lifetime"?
I bet the lic will not work when OS is reinstalled...I have experienced SD giveaway lifetime lic works this way.

And I guess the lic will also not work when SD is uninstalled...guess thats why users need to activate it before 21 Aug And guess after 21 Aug if you uninstall SD, the lic will not work...just a guess.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I bet the lic will not work when OS is reinstalled...I have experienced SD giveaway lifetime lic works this way.

And I guess the lic will also not work when SD is uninstalled...guess thats why users need to activate it before 21 Aug And guess after 21 Aug if you uninstall SD, the lic will not work...just a guess.
I emailed SD support for this. They haven't responded yet. I hope they'll respond soon.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
At first glance it looked too good to be true ..... leaving aside that like others on here , I don't "do" social media .
But it seems that is not a barrier to getting it .
So ,I will share with friends family and clients in person instead of social media .

And like TwinHeadedEagle , I was suspicious of the label of the download file at first sight ....
.... but all is cool and groovy .

Thanks to all involved in getting us this deal !!

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Any other ZAL 2.21 users, and has it not blocked installation. It does with me.
Hey @uninfected1,
I've installed in a VM, Zemana Antilogger 2.21.204.465 then Shadow Defender (from this promo)... No issues, Shadow Defender installed as it should. What message do you get when trying to install Shadow Defender? Did you change any settings in Zemana AntiLogger?
1235.jpg

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Hey @uninfected1,
I've installed in a VM, Zemana Antilogger 2.21.204.465 then Shadow Defender (from this promo)... No issues, Shadow Defender installed as it should. What message do you get when trying to install Shadow Defender? Did you change any settings in Zemana AntiLogger?
View attachment 112093
When I try to install SD ZAL says 'Antimalware blocked a suspicious file' and quarantines it.
I have Real time protection, Pandora and ID theft protection enabled. I don't think there are any other settings that would make a difference

PS - tried installation with Pandora unactivated but ZAL still blocks it.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
When I try to install SD ZAL says 'Antimalware blocked a suspicious file' and quarantines it.
I have Real time protection, Pandora and ID theft protection enabled. I don't think there are any other settings that would make a difference

PS - tried installation with Pandora unactivated but ZAL still blocks it.
Restore it from quarantine. It will automatically make an exclusion. Try to install again

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Restore it from quarantine. It will automatically make an exclusion. Try to install again
I already tried that but when I try to install again it still blocks it. Is it safe to temporarily disable ZAL completely so I can install?

I don't understand why I'm the only one having this issue - I'm guessing there are quite a few ZAL 2.21 users here.

PS - appreciate the help guys

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I already tried that but when I try to install again it still blocks it. Is it safe to temporarily disable ZAL completely so I can install?

I don't understand why I'm the only one having this issue - I'm guessing there are quite a few ZAL 2.21 users here.

PS - appreciate the help guys
As long as you are using the download link supplied here i would suggest it would be safe to disable ZAL and install SD. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.