Expired Shadow Defender [4 Days Giveaway]

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Is someone having problems running it in Windows 10?

It's not coming up for me...:(

PD:.....

upload_2016-8-18_9-23-1.png

Tested and Installed in Windows 10.....x86.No likey in x64.....:mad:

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
As long as you are using the download link supplied here i would suggest it would be safe to disable ZAL and install SD. ;)
Took a while for me to have the courage but disabled ZAl and installed SD. Eset and Hitman Pro don't have a problem with it so I guess it's a ZAL FP. Strange how noone else was affected though

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Is someone having problems running it in Windows 10?

It's not coming up for me...:(

PD:.....

View attachment 112114

Tested and Installed in Windows 10.....x86.No likey in x64.....:mad:

strange.....I am on win 10 x64 and it works fine on my machine! no messages from zal , fsecure bb did btw...but results may vary on different machines!

Last edited:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Wow. Works... now to learn how to use it lol. I been often recommended to use this SD... since its free to MT, why not try it :)

Is the install for "one PC" or several before Aug 21st?

and why not say thanks again, and keep this special thread rolling. People shouldn't miss this one. ;)

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Hi Folks

I'm hoping that someone with Shadow Defender experience can help me with these questions ?

Do you know if this giveaway is for one machine only ? I've read through this thread and can't find an answer .
I see that JakeXPMan asked about this yesterday

I already had a Shadow Defender ( v 1.4.0.620 ) license on one of my W7 laptops .
But I can not remember what type of license it was , and now I can't even find how to confirm it !!
The "About" tab just gives the basic info , and nothing about the license type ?

Anyway I have installed this giveaway on my main laptop and I wonder what will happen if
I do the same on the second one .....
.... but I wouldn't want to trash the existing install , or end up with a trial version !

I guess I could contact Shadow Defender directly , but it seems like bad manners ,
to ask for tech support regarding a giveaway :)

There is only one day to decide ! ..... install must be done by 21 August !!

I thought I could ask here , just in case someone has tried this already ?

Any help will be much appreciated !

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@JakeXPMan

In answer to your question , ( and my own also ) , I sent an email to the developers regarding installation
on multiple machines , and they were very quick and helpful with their reply :-

" The giveaway version can be installed on any PC before the installation package is expired.
And the giveaway version cannot update and upgrade.
Best regards,

....... "

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
@JakeXPMan

In answer to your question , ( and my own also ) , I sent an email to the developers regarding installation

" The giveaway version can be installed on any PC before the installation package is expired.
Best regards,

....... "

Woah! They replied to you? I emailed support 3 days ago, but I didn't receive any reply from them. :(

Edit: Support (the dev) replied to me just now. Yay!
Edit2: He said that once uninstalled after the deadline, SD won't work if re-installed. So, this means it's "lifetime" as long as it is not uninstalled in any way.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Woah! They replied to you? I emailed support 3 days ago, but I didn't receive any reply from them. :(

Edit: Support (the dev) replied to me just now. Yay!
Edit2: He said that once uninstalled after the deadline, SD won't work if re-installed. So, this means it's "lifetime" as long as it is not uninstalled in any way.

I wouldn't take it personally .... :)

I reckon I got lucky .... today is probably their day for clearing the email backlog for the week !

Anyway , a good result all round ..... all questions and loose ends now tidied up .

Take note any members who have the download but haven't yet done the install .... the clock is ticking :eek:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
@JakeXPMan

Best regards,

....... "

Cool thanks for looking into it for all of us :) Good job Myriad... I felt same as you, why ask about freebie, but its the only way to figure it out though ;) So no harm in asking I think :)

Time for some SD installs :cool:

Shadow Defender seems to be a very nice development team. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.