Advice Request Shadow Defender and Windows 11 ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I was thinking of installing Win 11 but not sure if it is compatible with Shadow Defender ... anybody know?

I'm on Windows 11 since a few weeks, Shadow Defender works well here without any noticeable issues (y)

In case you want using an 3rd party AV, it's recommended to install first your AV and after that installing Shadow Defender.

EMET

Thread author
Apr 23, 2011
I'm on Windows 11 since a few weeks, Shadow Defender works well here without any noticeable issues (y)

In case you want using an 3rd party AV, it's recommended to install first your AV and after that installing Shadow Defender.
Thanks guys, it'll probably work then ... I have a Macrium Image waiting if all hell breaks loose.
I don't use a 3rd party AV ... just Windows Defender ... which is just about as useless as any other AV (imho) ... that's why I use SD.

Reactions: Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Thanks guys, it'll probably work then ... I have a Macrium Image waiting if all hell breaks loose.
I don't use a 3rd party AV ... just Windows Defender ... which is just about as useless as any other AV (imho) ... that's why I use SD.
Shadow Defender can protect you from malware that focuses on making your system unusable or that is encrypting your files for example. After all it can't protect you from data theft so I wouldn't call AVs useless.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.