Expired Shadow Defender - Full License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Shadow Defender - free license v1.4.0.608
1.png

Shadow Defender Features
  • Prevent all viruses and malwares.
  • Surf the internet safely and eliminate unwanted traces.
  • Protect your privacy.
  • Eliminate system downtime and maintenance costs.
  • Reboot to restore your system back to its original state.
How to :

1) Visit the promo page
2) Use your email to get the pre-activated installer(disposable works)

Enjoy
  • No free updates; if you update the program, it may turn into a trial
  • You get free tech support via email
  • Must be downloaded and installed before this offer is over -- you cannot install / reinstall later, such as if you get a new computer
  • May not be resold

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
"You get free updates
You get free tech support via email"

That sounds pretty nice. Usually when you see a giveaway like this, especially lifetime, they have to get rid of updates and/or tech support
But you have to remember this:
"Must be downloaded and installed before this offer is over -- you cannot install / reinstall later, such as if you get a new computer"

It is lifetime as long as you won't ever uninstall it. So, in reality, the license is really not lifetime. :D

L

LabZero

But you have to remember this:
"Must be downloaded and installed before this offer is over -- you cannot install / reinstall later, such as if you get a new computer"

It is lifetime as long as you won't ever uninstall it. So, in reality, the license is really not lifetime. :D
In similar situations I've solved by creating a backup image of the system that contains the giveaway app but of course this doesn't always work.

H

hjlbx

Theoretically yes, but I don't have technical confirmation about this.

@hjlbx

Shadow Defender has always protected against ransomware generally.

Shadow Defender protects MBR.

Theoretically, Shadow Defender should protect against PETYA.

I have not tested PETYA against Shadow Defender - so I cannot say with absolute 100 % certainty that it will protect MBR completely from modification.

However, I bet the possibility that PETYA can make persistent change to system while in Shadow Mode is very small - more like miniscule.

There is always some element of risk.

PETYA has everyone worried.

My advice - practice safe computing and don't worry about it...

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Wow thank you.
What's the difference with toolwiz?
Who is better?

Anyway I read SBIE ALREADY prevent Petya to write the mbr. So don't worry I think .

Anyway I think I can use it only on w7 . Virtualisation sw I used on w10 made it crash. Uff.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Wow thank you.
Who is better?

Anyway I read SBIE ALREADY prevent Petya to write the mbr. So don't worry I think .

Anyway I think I can use it only on w7 . Virtualisation sw I used on w10 made it crash. Uff.
Shadow Defender works well on Windows 10 it is a very good software. ;)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Is there a way to exclude from SD windows updates ? So let windows download and keep its updates?

Thank you
No idea, but wouldn't do that. You open a possible attack vector for malware with the exclusion. Better would be to deactivate the Shadow Session and update, then turn on Shadow Mode again.
Can be done easily right-clickin' on the SD icon, will require shutdown/restart.

H

hjlbx

Wow thank you.
Who is better?

If SBIE prevents PETYA from modifying MBR, then Shadow Defender will definitely prevent it.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Wow thank you.
Who is better?

Difference is Toolwiz only protects C:\ while SD protect every drive...

If SBIE prevents PETYA from modifying MBR, then Shadow Defender will definitely prevent it.

This is a confidence booster...

Well i read it on SBIE forum. Be careful and verify by your own . To be surer

Oh that was probably my comment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.