App Review Shadow Defender vs Selected Malware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Doesn't anybody test softs against malwares for themselves ? :confused:

Are @Umbra, @illumination, @cruelsister, myself and perhaps a few others the only ones ?
Me testing QTS360 in a SD protected environment. After an extensive testing of SD during the 30 days trial I bought it. Never let ne down.

Thanks for the Vid @cruelsister, great as always :)

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
My pleasure and glad if it was of use. There was one important thing that I left out, but will be doing (I hope) a follow-up this weekend co-starring TimeFreeze.

And something about the Petya result- note that Petya was able to call up and execute shutdown.exe to restart the computer, but was unable to find the MBR (essentially because there is no virtual MBR) in order to preferentially start. Obviously this was still very good, but points out the various degrees of implementation of a virtual environment. If Petya is run against something like SBIE (which probably will be done in a month or so) it just errors out without being able to do anything at all (needless to say, CF provides a similar stop).

broughie

Level 2
Verified
Sep 11, 2013
Would not having an antilogger running realtime in tandem with SD or Sandboxie eg Zemana or Spyshelter solve the transmission from a webpage by encrypting data to the hacker etc ie converting it into gobbleygook ?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Probably- but that would be specific for keyloggers. An Outbound-alerting firewall would cover a much broader range of malicious behavior.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.