Battle Shadow Defender vs Time Freeze

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,Friends!

Install both and use one for everyday purposes.
And Shadow Defender for testing out software!

I am not sure if you can use both at the same time.
Have not ran into any conflicts with Shadow Defender
or Time Freeze.

Last edited:

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I prefert shadow defender over time freeze, SD automatically virtualizes track0 + hidden boot partitions (whenever C: is placed into Shadow Mode)!
Furthermore, SD is not limited to just virtualizing C: - it is able to virtualizeany/all disk volumes! So it help in case of file encryptors.
But time freeze do a good job taking in consideration its price (free)

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Both Time Freeze and Shadow Defender are good products.

Although, the definitive winner is Shadow Defender since it is versatile, reliable, highly compatible and includes features such as full-disk virtualization, use RAM as Write Cache, write encryption, etc.

If I had to choose only one (1) security related soft it would be a difficult choice between Shadow Defender and AppGuard; I think I would choose SD. Very difficult choice...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I prefert shadow defender over time freeze, SD automatically virtualizes track0 + hidden boot partitions (whenever C: is placed into Shadow Mode)!
Furthermore, SD is not limited to just virtualizing C: - it is able to virtualizeany/all disk volumes! So it help in case of file encryptors.
But time freeze do a good job taking in consideration its price (free)

SD for the same reasons

L

LabZero

Thread author
Shadow defender because protects MBR (Master Boot Record) despite developer does not provide details as to exactly what techniques are being used to protect MBR, so it is hard to determine how solid that MBR protection is; the developer just says MBR protection is there.
Any info about this ?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
So, here it is. I usually avoid favoring one software over another, the way I don't practice letting it be known when I prefer one friend over another.:oops: The fact is we all know whom we spend more time with, and although we try to capture balance and equanimity in life, there is usually those we place our trust in more than others. That said, I use Shadow Defender most every day & my vote reflects this. Time freeze is very good for the peace of mind it provides free of charge, although I realize that I spend less and less time on our XP system. Shadow Defender is the easy armor placed upon our Windows 7 & 8.1 systems respectively, and thanks to MalwareTips, @illumination, & @Umbra, it has become an online way of life for myself & my family!:D

PS Like @Moose, I've not tried using both virtual apps at the same time, although I am presently typing with my browser in Sandboxie on a system that's in Shadow Mode but if this were XP, Time Freeze would be in the place of Shadow Defender!:p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Lol Diskshot, long time no heard of it. Best app ever but never translated in English, such a shame, the market they could have would be huge.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I had a temporary license before , it worked so well...was a mix between SD and Rollback RX

I am trying to obtain the public license key (The key is a mix of English characters and numbers). I have to find a Korean email service for English speaker; Korbos website will not register English email address...

I sent email inquiry to Korbos... wait and see if someone there can read English.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
Deary me, Shadow Defender every time. Proven over a number of years (Tony's haitus aside). Simply the best disc level virtualisation available. Time Freeze is good or free but if you can afford it SD wins hands down.

Cheers

Reactions: Deleted member 178

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Home and Business category type then Shadow Defender is a worth to purchase for lifetime license. Which you may expand more on the configuration type for complexity use.

However Toolwiz TimeFreeze is fine for home usage purpose which your main target to virtualize is the main hard disk system.

Both are good to handle those viruse without affecting any critical elements for possible leak.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.