App Review ShadowDefender (Demonstration and Reviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Shadow Defender is great, but be aware. You can download a file/program/etc in Shadow Defender, move it to an external drive, and if you disconnect the external the program stays and can be opened/installed after reboot. In other words, the thing you download remains on the external. If it's infected, and you install or open, you're infected if not in SD.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Shadow Defender is great, but be aware. You can download a file/program/etc in Shadow Defender, move it to an external drive, and if you disconnect the external the program stays and can be opened/installed after reboot.

Not if this external drive is in the Shadow Mode. But, one has to remember that any drive (not only an external drive) that is not in Shadow Mode, can be infected/encrypted by the malware.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Not if this external drive is in the Shadow Mode. But, one has to remember that any drive (not only an external drive) that is not in Shadow Mode, can be infected/encrypted by the malware.
That makes a difference. I was in shadow mode and downloaded a program, then plugged in the external without thinking to save the file. After booting out of shadow mode, I was surprised to find the file still there.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
That makes a difference. I was in shadow mode and downloaded a program, then plugged in the external without thinking to save the file. After booting out of shadow mode, I was surprised to find the file still there.
That is right. After plugging the new drive, one has to put it manually (like any previous drive) to the Shadow Mode.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.