Advice Request Share your thoughts on iolo System Shield?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PEllis

Thread author
There haven't been any recent reviews for iolo System Shield. Just wondering if anyone here has tried it out and what are their thoughts on it.

Reactions: Behold Eck
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I have tried System Mechanic out, not now but 10 months ago and it resulted in a dll error,and because of that and other problems a factory reset.:mad:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I tested it recently. It's too heavy for my liking, and in my opinion there are much better alternatives for free. Also it is terrible at detecting PUPs, which may or may not be an issue depending on your point of view.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I tested it recently. It's too heavy for my liking, and in my opinion there are much better alternatives for free. Also it is terrible at detecting PUPs, which may or may not be an issue depending on your point of view.

I tried to install it but they never sent me an activation code for the trial ??:mad:

Just wondering what signatures it uses as it seemed to do not so badly in a test(sponsored by pcmatic) over at wilders not so long ago.

Be great to see a more up to date test.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: PEllis

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Just wondering what signatures it uses as it seemed to do not so badly in a test(sponsored by pcmatic) over at wilders not so long ago.
They use signatures from Cyren.

I tested Defender Pro which is a cloud antivirus using Cyren's engine, around the same time. Defender Pro, did much better at detecting PUPs, but a lot worse at detecting malware.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
They use signatures from Cyren.

I tested Defender Pro which is a cloud antivirus using Cyren's engine, around the same time. Defender Pro, did much better at detecting PUPs, but a lot worse at detecting malware.

Cyren who took over Fprot a few years back and so presumably it was the Fprot sigs before the Cyren involvement ?

Interesting results and thanks Roger for the info as I knew System Shield used somebody`s signatures,just would have been surprised if they used their own.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: PEllis

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
System Mechanic was the worst soft i ever used it completely crashed my whole window 7 and caused a BSOD and i also register with them with my email address and they were spamming me with 60%off offer everyday.

johnyjohn

Level 2
Verified
Aug 18, 2015
My self like a lot of other people believed the good advertising and recommendation by certain magazines so i gave it a go. Like most people found it very heavy on the system and useless so deleted it and took my internet connection and some registry with it so had to do a clean install first class s@@t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.