Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
the same issues as Initial
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I disabled flash in firfox ..that stopped the freezing and error msgs but NOW no vidoes work on facebool of course
What can I do to fix the shockwave flash issue with these browsers?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Are you using the latest version of Flash player? (try to update it)
Did you try to uninstall and clean with CCleaner to clear all the logs and data?

Try to disable the hardware acceleration

wdBGhwc.png

Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
I did upgrade to the latest version but no luck with that...but I can do an uninstall and clean with Ccleaner next
where do I find that hardware acceleration to disable?

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I did upgrade to the latest version but no luck with that...but I can do an uninstall and clean with Ccleaner next
where do I find that hardware acceleration to disable?

Going to a site where there's a video like in youtube then right click ---> settings --> look for that picture posted (untick hardware acceleration).

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Adobe makes a uninstall tool you can use that might be better than using Ccleaner

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

i found this the other day you might have a look at it also

How to disable Flash Player protected mode in Firefox

Some Firefox users experience issues with Flash. This can be slow downs, crashes, or lag while
playing games or streaming videos to the computer, and one of the solutions to fix those issues
is to disable protected mode.

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/12/21/how-to-disable-flash-player-protected-mode-in-firefox/

:)

James

Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.