Shortcuts to Kaspersky KIS/KTS features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

codswollip

Level 23
Thread author
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I've lost track of how many times I've had to drill down to "Manage applications" under "Application Control settings" to fix a blocked program or dll. And it takes 5 to 6 clicks to get there from a tray icon. What a pain.

Is it possible to directly open "Manage applications", or at least add it to the default icon set displayed on the KIS/KTS main panel (there are at least 3 menu icons there which are useless to me)?

I'm guessing there is no way to do this short of involving another application like AutoHotKey.

Ideas?

Reactions: Venustus and Zar_

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I've lost track of how many times I've had to drill down to "Manage applications" under "Application Control settings" to fix a blocked program or dll. And it takes 5 to 6 clicks to get there from a tray icon. What a pain.

Is it possible to directly open "Manage applications", or at least add it to the default icon set displayed on the KIS/KTS main panel (there are at least 3 menu icons there which are useless to me)?

I'm guessing there is no way to do this short of involving another application like AutoHotKey.

Ideas?
Not that I am aware of!:)

Zar_

Level 1
Verified
Dec 13, 2016

Ideas?
It happens to me the same. It is something that I find very uncomfortable and that they have not taken into account. Besides, other problem from my point of view is that Application Control does not warn by means of pop ups when blocking some application.

Let's see if anyone has a solution

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I use it like this:
-Reliable application Disabled (TAM)
-In Application Manager, I just demarcate the first, remaining I leave as is (group automatically) avoid putting "unreliable" causes headache sometimes with some application.

Reactions: codswollip
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.