Should I turn Malwarebytes RT Off?

Discussion in 'Malwarebytes' started by viel, Aug 13, 2017.

1. viel

viel Level 3

Jun 21, 2017
    Tas
    Windows 10
    Avira
    Hi,
    I have Avast,Malwarebytes 3 trial and HitmanPro.
    I was wondering if the Malwarebytes Premium trials RT will conflict with Avast and Hitmanpro?
    Should I deactivate the Premium trial and downgrade to free edition so there is no RT conflict?
    Will Malwarebytes 3 conflict since Malwarebytes says it's an "antivirus"
    Or should I just turn RT off?

Thanks.

rockstarrocks likes this.
  2. Parsh

Parsh Level 24
    Trusted AV Tester

Dec 27, 2016
    7 Islands of Bombay
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    They say that their product (MB 3) is still compatible with majority of mainstream AVs. However, it's memory usage alone is found to be considerably high.
    If you find some conflicts resulting in terrible lags on app startups or other performance issues, it will be better to disable RT in MB3 and/or downgrade to the free mode ..
    If you've Avast IS or Avast Premier, disable all protection expect Exploit protection in MB. If you've Avast Free, disable all except for Ransomware protection and Exploit Protection in MB3. All of the above assuming that you've HitmanPro (on-demand scanner) as youve mentioned and not HitmanPro alert (RT) in your RT protection.

3. RoboMan

RoboMan Level 17
    Content Creator

Jun 24, 2016
    USA
    Windows 10
    ESET
    To be totally honest, i would completely uninstall MalwareBytes on its whole. Avast offers a solid protection, and if well configured it can provide great protection against ransomware and well-known type of malware. HitmanPro will provide good exploit prevention and protection. In my opinion, MalwareBytes is just useless in your actual configuration and just a waste of CPU usage.

4. Transhumana

Transhumana Level 5

Jul 6, 2017
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Didn't have any conflict problems with that Avast + Malwarebytes Anti-Malware combo before, but now I keep most of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware real-time modules off ever since I added HMPA and all of that became a bit of an overkill. :D And I can definitively agree with @Parsh, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not light.

@RoboMan You probably meant that HMPA will provide the exploit prevention, not HitmanPro. :)

Parsh, rockstarrocks, Jack and 2 others like this.
  5. RoboMan

RoboMan Level 17
    Content Creator

Jun 24, 2016
    USA
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I thought i read he was using HMPA, my fault. Still, i would disable MalwareBytes since it's mostly crap.

6. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 15

Jan 16, 2017
    SSD
    Windows 8.1
    Emsisoft
    Yes, like others, I'd also suggest to turn off Malwarebytes Anti-Malware real time protection. Only use as an on demand scanner.