Should I turn Malwarebytes RT Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viel

Thread author
Hi,
I have Avast,Malwarebytes 3 trial and HitmanPro.
I was wondering if the Malwarebytes Premium trials RT will conflict with Avast and Hitmanpro?
Should I deactivate the Premium trial and downgrade to free edition so there is no RT conflict?
Will Malwarebytes 3 conflict since Malwarebytes says it's an "antivirus"
Or should I just turn RT off?

Thanks.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
They say that their product (MB 3) is still compatible with majority of mainstream AVs. However, it's memory usage alone is found to be considerably high.
If you find some conflicts resulting in terrible lags on app startups or other performance issues, it will be better to disable RT in MB3 and/or downgrade to the free mode ..
If you've Avast IS or Avast Premier, disable all protection expect Exploit protection in MB. If you've Avast Free, disable all except for Ransomware protection and Exploit Protection in MB3. All of the above assuming that you've HitmanPro (on-demand scanner) as youve mentioned and not HitmanPro alert (RT) in your RT protection.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
To be totally honest, i would completely uninstall MalwareBytes on its whole. Avast offers a solid protection, and if well configured it can provide great protection against ransomware and well-known type of malware. HitmanPro will provide good exploit prevention and protection. In my opinion, MalwareBytes is just useless in your actual configuration and just a waste of CPU usage.

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Didn't have any conflict problems with that Avast + MBAM combo before, but now I keep most of MBAM real-time modules off ever since I added HMPA and all of that became a bit of an overkill. :D And I can definitively agree with @Parsh, MBAM is not light.

@RoboMan You probably meant that HMPA will provide the exploit prevention, not HitmanPro. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.