Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
It'd be nice for a timed poll, if the results are shown only after the last date when the poll ends.

For instance,

MT Community: Antivirus of the Year 2014 [POLL]

is a prime example, when the results of the poll are shown on the last date instead of being shown after you voted.

Please provide this option in the poll settings section, for anyone who needs it. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: amz

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I wonder what the admins think about this?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Not sure if I really understand what the difference would be? So nobody could see results prior to voting?

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.11.07_11h07m30s_001_.png

If the boxes are unticked allowing users to change their vote and allowing the results to be viewed without voting wouldnt this accomplish the same thing

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Nope, this works differently.....

In the current scheme anyone can see the poll results after having voted for a product.

Allow results to be viewed before voting: Shows poll results to everyone, even those who haven't voted.

Now in the feature I've mentioned, when a closing date has been specified for the poll, it would be nice when an extra option is given, where the users can see the poll results only after the closing date.

For instance, in the case of Best Antivirus of 2014, it would create a sense of anxiety who's gonna win the poll after it closes on the last date, instead of having the results right away after voting, and you can be sure who's gonna win, when the difference is a wide margin.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Well I am not sure that there is even a Mod for that on Xenforo and that would take some doing any other way.That would be up to Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.