Show us your web browser

N

Nige_40

Some Nice Browser set-up there. I will sit in the corner and dream of being as good :)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
2z8awbb.png

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is my Google Chrome Dev:

[attachment=2465]

Attachments

• browse.png
    browse.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 525

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why not Internet Explorer? :D I use IE9 on a weekly basis.

malware medic said:
why Internet explorer?

Jack, spooky theme. Btw, if you don't have "other devices", you can turn them off in Chrome://Flags (keeps the NTP clean).

P

Plexx

On a note for IE: it is not as bad as most people think it is. Sure there are other faster alternatives but it is still a good option.

Here is my Chrome. 2 Addons currently disabled since I'm barely connected anyway.

Wxtb4.jpg

malware medic

Oct 6, 2012
Biozfear said:
On a note for IE: it is not as bad as most people think it is. Sure there are other faster alternatives but it is still a good option.

Here is my Chrome. 2 Addons currently disabled since I'm barely connected anyway.
what is so unique about it?

P

Plexx

malware medic said:

This thread is to show the user's web browser, so that's what I did. However, I don't recall mentioning anything that was unique.

If you want to know the 2 addons, then its ABP and Site Inspector.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Biozfear said:

http://i.imgur.com/Wxtb4.jpg

I see that your an Anime fan :p

malware medic

Oct 6, 2012
Biozfear said:
malware medic said:

This thread is to show the user's web browser, so that's what I did. However, I don't recall mentioning anything that was unique.

If you want to know the 2 addons, then its ABP and Site Inspector.
Well you were defending it for some reason.
I use Comodo Ice dragon. Its based off of mozilla firefox. Its made to be a little safer than normal firefox.If you like firefox you will definitely like this

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 443

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malware medic said:
I use Comodo Ice dragon. Its based off of mozilla firefox. Its made to be a little safer than normal firefox.If you like firefox you will definitely like this

I thought that Ice Dragon was based of Chromium?

P

Plexx

malware medic said:

You are referring to IE?

As I remember correctly and someone correct me if I am wrong:
IE9 has hardware acceleration, has the same search/address bar function as chrome (same as in same concept), Tracking Protection, Anti-Phishing.

The speed of IE9 is much improved over IE8 and IE7.

So now I shall ask: Why not IE?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The latest IE9/10 isn't a terrible browser, run it barebones and it's faster than your average Firefox. IMO, both Chrome and IE9 are more secure than Firefox (and it's clones).

From what I've heard most claim ID to be faster than the original Firefox.

malware medic said:

No McLovin. Easy to be confused, I see.
Comodo Ice Dragon = Firefox
Comodo Dragon = Chrome

McLovin said:
I thought that Ice Dragon was based of Chromium?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
The latest IE9/10 isn't a terrible browser, run it barebones and it's faster than your average Firefox. IMO, both Chrome and IE9 are more secure than Firefox (and it's clones).

Most of that disturbs me, and not because I believe it is not accurate. I would not doubt any part of that comment; nonetheless, it disturbs me.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
No McLovin. Easy to be confused, I see.
Comodo Ice Dragon = Firefox
Comodo Dragon = Chrome

Ahh, thanks for that. Knew one browser of Comodo's was from Chrome.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.