64-bit
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    Malware on a secure VM - Full Network and File isolation
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Appguard, Bitdefender Internet security
    Custom Settings For Real-Time Protection
    Custom - Minor changes for Increased Security
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    N/A
    Browsers and Extensions
    Chrome, Firefox, Edge
    Web Privacy
    Ublock origin
    Password Manager
    Lastpass
    Web Search
    Google
    System Utilities
    N/A
    Data Backup
    Macrium reflect
    Frequency of Data backups
    Daily
    System Backup
    Macrium reflect
    Frequency of System backups
    Regularly

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
    Verified
    Added: Adguard
    Removed: Ublock origin

Testing if they fixed the issues I had in the past because if they did I prefer adguard. Also updated to windows 10 latest version.
    Out of curiosity, why do you prefer Adguard? Or to put it differently, what does ublock do wrong, or lacks?

Reactions: SHvFl

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
    Verified
    Interesting info about AdGuard...
    I have some privacy concerns, though: There is no info on their website about (if any) data collecting done by AdGuard itself. Just a nagging thought: it intercepts EVERY site you connect to, EVERY app that has internet access, every video you watch, etc. Is there any info out there about this that somebody already is familiar with? Don't have much time to dig around myself...

Of course, all of these are moot points when compared to what Windows itself collects. But that's a different matter...

SHvFl

Level 35
    Content Creator
    Trusted
    Verified
    Interesting info about AdGuard...
    I have some privacy concerns, though: There is no info on their website about (if any) data collecting done by AdGuard itself. Just a nagging thought: it intercepts EVERY site you connect to, EVERY app that has internet access, every video you watch, etc. Is there any info out there about this that somebody already is familiar with? Don't have much time to dig around myself...

Of course, all of these are moot points when compared to what Windows itself collects. But that's a different matter...
    Q&A - Do you trust AdGuard?

erreale

Level 8
    Content Creator
    Malware Hunter
    Verified
    I have increasingly tried to remove VS and Malwarebytes and install them in place only ReHips.

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
    Content Creator
    Trusted
    Verified
    Well, that was fast. ;) Thanks, I'll read it later before bed :)
    I was around and saw the notification. :cool:

I have increasingly tried to remove VS and Malwarebytes and install them in place only ReHips.
    Tried? So you didn't manage to actually uninstall them?
    It's a good idea to do so. Rehips is better than both combined together if you know what you are doing and is also way lighter.

SHvFl

Level 35
    Content Creator
    Trusted
    Verified
    Removed: Adguard
    Added: Ublock origin, Dnscrypt
    Have some dns issues that Dnscrypt seems to have solved so i am keeping it around.
    About adguard the way it does ssl filtering in the browser removes the ability to see who issued the certificate of a site so back to ublock origin.

SHvFl

Level 35
    Content Creator
    Trusted
    Verified
    Please if you may how did you remove Windows defender. :)
    Yeah shutup10 does it automatically. It's basically a registry change if you have windows 10 home version or group policy if you have windows 10 pro.
    https://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us/par_clientsol/forum/par_win/disable-windows-defender-security-center-windows/5829f484-939c-4365-8545-770ba0efc66d

Keep up changing secure conf as fast as me "kitty"! All good here as i expected :p
    Not really. I almost never change stuff on my pc. This was a fluke :p