System recovery
Macrium reflect

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
Verified
Apr 16, 2016
Added: Adguard
Removed: Ublock origin

Testing if they fixed the issues I had in the past because if they did I prefer adguard. Also updated to windows 10 latest version.

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer Adguard? Or to put it differently, what does ublock do wrong, or lacks?

Reactions: SHvFl

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
Verified
Apr 16, 2016
Interesting info about AdGuard...
I have some privacy concerns, though: There is no info on their website about (if any) data collecting done by AdGuard itself. Just a nagging thought: it intercepts EVERY site you connect to, EVERY app that has internet access, every video you watch, etc. Is there any info out there about this that somebody already is familiar with? Don't have much time to dig around myself...

Of course, all of these are moot points when compared to what Windows itself collects. But that's a different matter...

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Interesting info about AdGuard...
I have some privacy concerns, though: There is no info on their website about (if any) data collecting done by AdGuard itself. Just a nagging thought: it intercepts EVERY site you connect to, EVERY app that has internet access, every video you watch, etc. Is there any info out there about this that somebody already is familiar with? Don't have much time to dig around myself...

Of course, all of these are moot points when compared to what Windows itself collects. But that's a different matter...
Q&A - Do you trust AdGuard?

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
I have increasingly tried to remove VS and Malwarebytes and install them in place only ReHips.

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Well, that was fast. ;) Thanks, I'll read it later before bed :)
I was around and saw the notification. :cool:

I have increasingly tried to remove VS and Malwarebytes and install them in place only ReHips.
Tried? So you didn't manage to actually uninstall them?
It's a good idea to do so. Rehips is better than both combined together if you know what you are doing and is also way lighter.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Removed: Adguard
Added: Ublock origin, Dnscrypt
Have some dns issues that Dnscrypt seems to have solved so i am keeping it around.
About adguard the way it does ssl filtering in the browser removes the ability to see who issued the certificate of a site so back to ublock origin.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Added: EAM
Removed: Windows Defender

WD was creating some high cpu usage in random times without a reason i could understand. EAM is lighter on my system and it was not the problem so it's back on my pc.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Please if you may how did you remove Windows defender. :)
Yeah shutup10 does it automatically. It's basically a registry change if you have windows 10 home version or group policy if you have windows 10 pro.
https://partnersupport.microsoft.co...-windows/5829f484-939c-4365-8545-770ba0efc66d

Keep up changing secure conf as fast as me "kitty"! All good here as i expected :p
Not really. I almost never change stuff on my pc. This was a fluke :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.