Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah right. An on-demand scanner does not influence the behavior of the computer, but I NEED to scan my system once or twice a week, make daily backups ... paranoia
Correct, it's not like they change anything by being on the pc in most cases but because i never do the scan there is no point in them being there. If i ever need one i will just download it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thanks. That was so nice info and will help me not waste time. I will try Edge as my backup browser and if that doesn't work for me i will try Cyberfox. Thanks a lot for your help buddy.
My main browser is Chrome. It sure eats memory and likes cpu but i have some of that to spare. It's by far the best browser for me.

Just enable Appcontainer in Chrome, and you can forget all FF-based browsers :D

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
@SHvFl If you only use Firefox as secondary browser than I think you should move to Edge. I doubt you'd commit enough to warrant using anything unique in Firefox. Also Firefox Nightly is good but you might get annoyed by the constant updates. Just something to consider in case your grumpy cat turns less grumpy.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@SHvFl If you only use Firefox as secondary browser than I think you should move to Edge. I doubt you'd commit enough to warrant using anything unique in Firefox. Also Firefox Nightly is good but you might get annoyed by the constant updates. Just something to consider in case your grumpy cat turns less grumpy.
hey wait, you're telling a guy who uses ReHIPS to switch his secondary browser from firefox to Edge? Not going to happen, because ReHIPS runs firefox in isolation, but not Edge (unless there is something I don't know about the new beta version...).

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Dropped Firefox. Realized only Chromium browser will behave fast enough for me so i am trying Vivaldi which seems to be fast except when browsing it's menus which i almost never do. Hope it stays as fast.

Added: Vivaldi
Removed: Firefox

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Another chromium browser you can try is Cent in which of Course you can enable the AppContainer.
You can also use Cyberfox as @DracusNarcrym suggested, but i want to make 2 suggestions.
First you can install Firemin to reduce ram usage.
Second you can increase your Cached web content from the default setting of 350 mb to 700 mb and maybe this will help you with the slow browsing

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Another chromium browser you can try is Cent in which of Course you can enable the AppContainer.
You can also use Cyberfox as @DracusNarcrym suggested, but i want to make 2 suggestions.
First you can install Firemin to reduce ram usage.
Second you can increase your Cached web content from the default setting of 350 mb to 700 mb and maybe this will help you with the slow browsing
Thanks, i might check Cent i a vm and see how it is. About the rest, ram i have plenty and internet bw i have even more but thanks anw. Someone might read your reply here and benefit.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Moved from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home which is the version my new laptop came with and i don't see the point in paying for pro neither switching the OS from my other machine to this.

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
Verified
Apr 16, 2016
Nice config there.

Just wanted to ask how you hold up with Vivaldi? It's my secondary browser as well, but my primary is still FF. TreeStyleTabs, and other customizations simply can't be achieved in chrome. Vivaldi's side tabs are not yet on the same level as TST, but I like the speed and the fast command menu... Dropping the XUL extensions this year will make me quit FF for good.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Nice config there.

Just wanted to ask how you hold up with Vivaldi? It's my secondary browser as well, but my primary is still FF. TreeStyleTabs, and other customizations simply can't be achieved in chrome. Vivaldi's side tabs are not yet on the same level as TST, but I like the speed and the fast command menu... Dropping the XUL extensions this year will make me quit FF for good.
Vivaldi is a Chrome "clone" with some design changes by the devs that change the look slightly. Performance and anything else is like chrome except when you are in settings which seems to be slow for me. Does an excelent job. Btw you might want to install an extension in vivaldi to clear everything when you close it because by default you can't do that. It has a 1 day minimum to keep everything.

FIrefox is old and doesn't keep up. I know Chrome and anything Chromium seems weird but if you switch in a few months you will get used to it and will never want to go back to firefox.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.