Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
By free version, I assume that you mean the phase after the trial expires.
What features are available then? Haven't tried HMPA yet
Yes, everything black or red doesn't work. Rest work. You can have free from start by just not activating a license.
http://i.imgur.com/pmDzosK.png

D

Deleted member 2913

I like your "Light Setup"...my kinda thing:)

Why not manual/notify for Windows Updates instead of Deferred updates?

This week probably CCAV with full Valkyrie power is going to be released, are you going to give a try? (I like the logic & internal working that improved usability)

Woodrow, a member here created a good wish for CCAV here
Login

Don't know you are a member in Comodo forum or not?
If you are, would be good to get your vote:)
What do you think of the wish & my post in that thread?;)

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I like your "Light Setup"...my kinda thing:)

Why not manual/notify for Windows Updates instead of Deferred updates?

This week probably CCAV with full Valkyrie power is going to be released, are you going to give a try? (I like the logic & internal working that improved usability)

Woodrow, a member here created a good wish for CCAV here
Login

Don't know you are a member in Comodo forum or not?
If you are, would be good to get your vote:)
What do you think of the wish & my post in that thread?;)
I defer updates because MS seems to break things way too often for my liking.
CCAV is in a ban list. I will never use it ever again. They used all their chances for me. Yeah i am a comodo member and voted for you. Basically they should kill CCAV and fix CIS. This whole program is sad.

D

Deleted member 2913

I defer updates because MS seems to break things way too often for my liking.
CCAV is in a ban list. I will never use it ever again. They used all their chances for me. Yeah i am a comodo member and voted for you. Basically they should kill CCAV and fix CIS. This whole program is sad.
I think manual would be good instead of deferred...I use manual through group policy & works fine.

Mark my words...eventually CCAV is going to replace CIS:p

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I think manual would be good instead of deferred...I use manual through group policy & works fine.

Mark my words...eventually CCAV is going to replace CIS:p
Probably they will get merged to 1 program.

Manual update would not work because not all issues appear on all pc. So even if people don't report issues i might have them. So with defer you wait a few months and they might fix the issues.

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
EIS has more problems than EAM. WF on the other hand doesn't do outbound notifications so this is why i do EAM+WFC.

For defer updates it installs only security updates and the rest install after a few months.
Ah I see, I didn't see that you used WFC. That makes more sense now. That is a powerful combo.
Sphinx or Binisoft? Is it any different from using GlassWire?

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Binisoft. I never tried Glasswire and never will because it's too expensive compared.
Agreed, GlassWire is expensive for the paid version (which only additionally grants you the ability to view logs over a longer period of time, "devices on your network", and network "prompts" instead of "click-to-block"). IMO, GlassWire free is as good as the paid version for single device home-use.

I'll look into WFC, however EIS is still a tempting choice knowing that Emsisoft does eventually fix issues with their software.

Thanks for the information.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.