New Update Sign-In Approvals coming to Outlook for Android

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Going Passwordless just got easier with Sign-In Approvals coming to Outlook for Android this month.

Spotted here:
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 14.33.05.png

It reads:
Note: We will start to offer sign-in approval notifications in the Outlook for Android app from January 2024.
Source: How to go passwordless with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

More details
You’ll need Microsoft Outlook for Android version 4.2310.1 or newer.
From January 2024, whenever you sign in to your Microsoft personal account, we will start to offer sign-in approval notifications in the Outlook mobile Android app.

Once installed, whenever you sign in to your Microsoft personal account, you will see sign-in requests appear either on the lock screen or in the Outlook mobile Android app. You'll also be able to get one-time passcodes which you can copy/paste into other sign-in screens.

Note: This feature is rolling out gradually over the coming months.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
So more convenient, less secure. I hope that it will be possible to turn it off or lock, I do not want Sign-In Approvals in an insecure app, otherwise I am uninstalling it ASAP.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.