Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
HitmanPro.Alert (All features enabled)
Hard_Configurator (Recommended Settings)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro, Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox Quantum (x64)
Firefox Multi-Account Containers
Maintenance tools
Wise Disk Cleaner, Process Explorer, Autoruns
File and Photo backup
Manually
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Did you disable WD?
No, forgot to mention WD, it's enabled by default.
Changed my mind once more, since HitmanPro.Alert has Anti-Malware (real-time protection) included, I want to try running the system with WindowsDefender disabled for a couple of days, additionally will add Hard_Configurator (Recommended SRP) by @Andy Ful

I'm sure now @harlan4096 need to change the status "secure"

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

To me meaning of "advanced" user is someone who can just use windows inbuilt protection mechanisms, know how to tweak them, mitigate systems other attack vectors, and still be relatively safe from cyberthreats because of a knowledge from where and how malware can infiltrate in the system. He would be just fine using Windows Defender or even disable it and relay on the HMP.A realtime protection. As for a longtime AV tester who @silversurfer is, I have no doubts about hes deep security knowledge. Thanks for having you in the MT @silversurfer :emoji_v:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.