Pro
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
My network is protected or gated by cisco router and switch with ATP
comodo firewall 10 at cruelsister config
commercial cylance, voodooshield pro 4.70, appguard 4461, forticlient 603.0155 just webfilter
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
see above, cylance, hitman pro, emsisoft emergency kit 12,
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
chrome, & occasionally tor browser
https everywhere, privacy badger, duckduckgo privacy essentials, malwarebytes extension, netcraft, decentraleyes, emsisoft extension
Maintenance tools
privacy eraser pro by cybertron
File and Photo backup
macrium reflect
System recovery
macrium reflect monthly, some files I backup daily. I send some encrypted files to pcloud for extra backup.
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Digital Storm, liquid cooled, I forget all inside hardware, sort of mid-range for DS.
I used to have virtualbox installed and did minimal malware testing, but then had a minor snafu with VB, got busy at work and have not reinstalled VB. Was considering VMware paid version, but have not had the time to seriously consider it.
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration may put you and your device at risk!
    We do not recommend that other members use this setup. We cannot be held responsible for problems that may occur to your device by using this security setup.

2. This setup may cause performance issues, system instability or conflicts between programs, and can hinder the effectiveness of the installed antivirus products.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
just realized I forgot to mention shadow defender, which I use occasionally when I install a new software. I also use tweaking.com app to backup the registry before some installs. And revo pro for most installs. I guess I have to go back into the wizard and tweak config some more.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.