Advice Request Simple Dnscrypt... Updating Dnscrypt-Proxy

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

bobdoe

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 10, 2020
I am a novice on this subject but I notice that Simple Dnscrypt is using dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.42 and Github shows the latest to be 2.1... that seems like a lot of releases ago and a lot of missed features and improvements. Are other Simple Dnscrypt users updating dnscrypt-proxy, and if so what is the recommended procedure? I cant seem to find much if any relevant info.

Reactions: Nevi and The_King

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I am a novice on this subject but I notice that Simple Dnscrypt is using dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.42 and Github shows the latest to be 2.1... that seems like a lot of releases ago and a lot of missed features and improvements. Are other Simple Dnscrypt users updating dnscrypt-proxy, and if so what is the recommended procedure? I cant seem to find much if any relevant info.

Follow the instructions on here.

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

bobdoe

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 10, 2020

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Updated last month with version 2.1.0 of dnscrypt-proxy.
It's still working great.
DNSCrypt.jpg

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

bobdoe

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 10, 2020
Updated last month with version 2.1.0 of dnscrypt-proxy.
It's still working great.
View attachment 260809
That's strange, I have Simple Dnscrypt 0.7.1 set to automatically update and it was still using dnscrypt-proxy version 2.0.42 till I manually updated today thanks to Andytay70's help. Even the Simple Dnscrypt home page still shows dnscrypt-proxy at version 2.0.42. Oh well, the manual update worked and Im on 2.1 now so all is good.

Edit: Upon rereading your post, it seems like I mistakenly took it to mean it updated the proxy through Simple Dnscrypt as as opposed to you manually updating...
  • :whistle:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.