dronefox1166
Level 7
All Simple Windows Hardening options are included in WHHLight? I have switched to WHHLight. But I'm not sure it protects as well as SWH... What to think?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
WHHLight SWH = Simple Windows Hardening + two more settings.All Simple Windows Hardening options are included in WHHLight?
Why can I not disable the rules in Adv Firewall ? And I cannot see the rules in GPedit ?
More crucially, if I, in GPedit, Firewall Properties, choose Apply Local Firewall Rules = No. Then will your rules still work ?
Which LoLBin list do you follow in Firewall Hardening ? For example Notepad is not part of LoLBas.
@Andy Ful Can you create another way of doing Firewall Hardening ( the lolbins outbound block ) and insert it into Group Policy? I use group policy's firewall section and deny local firewall rules because that way MS cannot insert or modify the rules whenever they want to.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes