Advice Request Simplewall wanting to disable windows firewall, safe to do?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I decided to take another look at the latest version of Simplewall and it prompted to disable Windows Firewall. Is that really safe to do? If you do then don't you lose the @Andy Ful firewall hardening features of blocking LOL bins etc? Or is there conflict if leaving both turned on while using Simplewall? (I know windows notification will keep screaming about firewall being off!)

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

1648091332549.png

Look under the SimpleWall FAQs:

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

@Tutman your best bet is to make efforts to link-up with @henry++ either here or over on his SimpleWall GitHub page. There is lots of undocumented stuff about SimpleWall. The deep dives can get complicated.

• Thanks
Reactions: Tutman

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
@Tutman your best bet is to make efforts to link-up with @henry++ either here or over on his SimpleWall GitHub page. There is lots of undocumented stuff about SimpleWall. The deep dives can get complicated.
I don't see his account on here. Thanks much both of you for the info! I will try to contact him at the github page.

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

I don't see his account on here. Thanks much both of you for the info! I will try to contact him at the github page.
He used to be here.

He has always responded from here (Github):

and Telegram:

• Thanks
Reactions: Tutman

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.