Question Since when does AdGuard do that?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Granted, it has been a long time since I used AdGuard so it might have been able to do this for quite some time now. But I was looking at the website for Fastcopy when I saw the thread for it here on MT. And after I came back to the MT page I got a pop-up from AdGuard telling me it had automatically activated the Japanese Language specific filter? As far as I could see there were no Japanese ads, but then again that is what AdGuard is supposed to do, so there is that. :)

But I was until now unaware AdGuard could do that?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Granted, it has been a long time since I used AdGuard so it might have been able to do this for quite some time now. But I was looking at the website for Fastcopy when I saw the thread for it here on MT. And after I came back to the MT page I got a pop-up from AdGuard telling me it had automatically activated the Japanese Language specific filter? As far as I could see there were no Japanese ads, but then again that is what AdGuard is supposed to do, so there is that. :)

But I was until now unaware AdGuard could do that?
It has always been an option (3rd one in my (Dutch) screenshot) :
1712669169827.png

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
To be honest, this option only slows down browser and browsing the web. Because as you're surfing the web, you're visiting websites from all over the world. And we all know that too many filters have negative impact on the browsing speed and browser's resources.

What I'd like to see there is automatic unsubscribe on filter which weren't used for a longer time. That way the setting mentioned above would make sense.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.