Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Application Error
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None
Slim jet browser seems to install fine, but I get this error..., tried the new one today, and same problem.

Does anyone know what causes this ?

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 652

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I just installed the new version with no problems. I am using it to post this now. Not sure what is causing your problem.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you perform a system restore? Not sure the problem but it may likely deal on the OS you use?

Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Did you perform a system restore? Not sure the problem but it may likely deal on the OS you use?

Nope, no restoring. I use XP SP3. Should be working but doesn't, won't even open the browser at all.
-
Slimjet is compatible with Windows XP (w/ sp2), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 2003/2008/2012.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
  1. I would try disabling all anti-malware before the install.
  2. Not sure if XP allows installations in Safe Mode, but if not you could do a clean boot as a substitute.
  3. Next I would reset file permissions on C: drive before install. Tweaking.com is a good way to do that.

Reactions: JakeXPMan
Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
  1. I would try disabling all anti-malware before the install.
  2. Not sure if XP allows installations in Safe Mode, but if not you could do a clean boot as a substitute.
  3. Next I would reset file permissions on C: drive before install. Tweaking.com is a good way to do that.

Tweaking.com was something that I just was told about by a helpful MT user, the programs look great,

I was curious of using these, "windows repair, reset registry permissions, and the two tweakers".

I can't find much on how to use them, I am not brave with registry and file associations.

I do have an oddball error here and there I'd like to fix, with Winamp a "close app error", SlimJet "Unusable app error", and Lunascape 7 "Qwkit" cannot read memory error. I uninstalled Lunascape.

Other then that, no programs have any obvious problems for me... net functions great, as well as games, booting etc.

but resetting windows settings, associations and tweaking (safely) sounds like a nice option to get Slim Jet running, but are these tweaking.com programs safe? Would my new settings effect my browsers/programs and the like?

For example... which repair programs do i need a clean boot for, and which can be run without?

Do I need to run these in a specific order? Sorry all the questions, just using top caution.

Upvote 0

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Caution is a good thing. Tweaking has saved my hide several times, but one time it made the system worse. Not sure why (edit: probably my fault, as I wasn't being very careful), but I wasn't concerned either, as I had an image backup. Tweaking has a lot of protections built into it, like registry backup, doing more mundane things first like chkdsk, SFC, MBAM, etc, but there's nothing like a backup system image to ease the mind and save time. The site has a very helpful forum.

Reactions: JakeXPMan
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.