SmokeyJoe's Security Config

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
Just changed up some of my security apps.. I used Comodo FW for a loooong time but got tired of the HIPS popups (I know I can turn them off). Tinywall has been great so far.. though I wish it would fire a popup when it blocks applications as adding new ones can be a pain sometimes.

I'm thinking of adding another realtime scanner like Hitman or Zemana.. so any suggestions on that is appreciated.

Also - I used to run with UAC off on my previous install so I'm not too familiar with how this works. Am I able to run as a standard user, with UAC on and have it so I do not have to enter my admin password every time but instead just click "Yes"?

Thanks

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Good selection of realtime and manual security suites. Looks solid, Consider a different Password Manager, you can find a few that is offering a year during the holiday seasons. Check out the giveaway section of the forums. ;););)

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
Yea, agree with this.. let me know if I'm missing something here lol

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I wouldn't add any more real time programs.Just use Zemana as on demand.
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Reactions: smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
Thanks for the input all! Can anyone answer the question in my first post re: UAC?

Am I able to run as a standard user, with UAC on, and have it so I do not have to enter my admin password every time I start up the same application (for instance, Killswitch will always fire the need for my admin pass)?

I was hoping I could just click "Yes" like I can on an Admin account.. but I guess this is the difference between the 2 account types lol

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.