Advice Request So do I need either Adguard OR uBlock Origin or both of them?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I started reading about AdGuard Adblocker and uBlock Origin, but now I'm truly confused. Should I use both of them or one of them? Currently I installed both of them, but maybe this is wrong. I don't know.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I started reading about AdGuard Adblocker and uBlock Origin, but now I'm truly confused. Should I use both of them or one of them? Currently I installed both of them, but maybe this is wrong. I don't know.
There is absolutely no added value in using both of them. AdGuard has better adblocking capabilities (cosmetic filtering) and uBlock Origin has more additional features for security. It's up to your preference what suits you best.

StRonK

Level 1
Apr 19, 2020
It’s not better in cosmetic filtering and some additional privacy options. Apart from that, I agree
What is the difference between the 2 mentioned plugins in cosmetic filtering?
As far as I know, the filters they use are the same, as someone who has used both plugins, I couldn't see any difference between them.
my personal preference is for ublock, It's probably because my internet speed is low, but when I use adguard, it seems like the transition between pages is slower in my browser. When I use Ublock, I don't feel this slowness. maybe it's psychological :D

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
What is the difference between the 2 mentioned plugins in cosmetic filtering?
As far as I know, the filters they use are the same, as someone who has used both plugins, I couldn't see any difference between them.
my personal preference is for ublock, It's probably because my internet speed is low, but when I use adguard, it seems like the transition between pages is slower in my browser. When I use Ublock, I don't feel this slowness. maybe it's psychological :D
I guess you meant rather Adguard software for Windows, what causing slower speed of your internet connection?

AdGuard Browser Extension usually doesn't slowing down while browsing the web, at least I can't remember that any user told me the opposite 🤷‍♂️

StRonK

Level 1
Apr 19, 2020
I guess you meant rather Adguard software for Windows, what causing slower speed of your internet connection?

AdGuard Browser Extension usually doesn't slowing down while browsing the web, at least I can't remember that any user told me the opposite 🤷‍♂️
Due to my location I have to use a 4g modem, I get 10 mbit speed. I tried both AdGuard Browser extension and Adguard software for Windows. I felt pages load slowly in my browser, users with good connection speeds probably won't feel it. When I compared Adguard with the ublock plugin, I saw that the ublock plugin was more performant.(my browser is Microsoft edge)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.