Advice Request So which good and safe VPN are left now?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Id vote for adguard , but i see people promoting mulwad + windscribe

I know bunch of clan communities wich have forums and the admin will ip grab + ddos you later if you leave clan community for internet goods. So i just avoid those sites or visit the site with tor browser

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Internet browsers just need to implement encrypted client hello to complete the picture and VPNs will be obsolete. With ECH nobody will be able to know what websites you visit.

Example:
Code:
http: https://malwaretips.com/threads/so-which-good-and-safe-vpn-are-left-now.112308/page-2#post-974621
https: https://malwaretips.com/*
ECH: https://*

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Internet browsers just need to implement encrypted client hello to complete the picture and VPNs will be obsolete. With ECH nobody will be able to know what websites you visit.

Example:

Not at all true. Encryption is just one aspect of a VPN; the others being IP concealing and bypassing restrictions. HTTPS cannot do those other two. Ther argument that HTTPS makes VPNs obsolete is invalid.

Reactions: ebocious and Kongo

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Does anyone use windscribe pro? Are Russian servers fast and stable?
I don't need 100% privacy, just fast and stable russian servers.
Well, I personally use Windscribe pro. I don't use Russian servers but by looking at their Windscribe status page it seems they have quite a high uptime so I believe they should be stable. Also, they have 3 datacenter locations, 1 in Moscow and 2 in Saint Petersberg so I believe atleast 1 location should work well for you.

Reactions: Fuzzy_Bunny

Jonwinter

Level 1
Jan 20, 2022
Systweak is not a particularly trustworthy company. But I know verry little about either of their VPNs and if your data is safe with them.
Well I am using it right now the systweak VPN and it work good for me but I am using it for around two months.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Don't discount the fact that you even know about this event. We could have easily said nothing, and you would never know. We chose to make it public, despite the damage to reputation.

I can almost guarantee you that this happened multiple times with "bigger" providers (it's a numbers game, more users/servers = higher chance of seizure), and they said nothing about it, because most seizures don't end up in public court case documents. Being called out publicly, after brushing things under the rug and hoping nobody notices, is how most VPN providers "disclose" things.

We made a mistake, disclosed it to every one of our users, and supplied a solution in record time. As a result, not only did we not see a spike in cancelations, more existing users opt in to pay for our service after learning how we handled this unfortunate event.

The best would be to switch to RAM-Only servers so that no information can be disclosed, no?

Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

Example:
Thats only partially true. @n8chavez already mentioned that ECH definintely doesn't cover all functions that a VPN has.

Also:
While ECH is under active development, its availability may be intermittent as it requires both the client and server to support the same version.

Source: Encrypted Client Hello: the future of ESNI in Firefox – Mozilla Security Blog

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Sep 19, 2019
Well, I personally use Windscribe pro. I don't use Russian servers but by looking at their Windscribe status page it seems they have quite a high uptime so I believe they should be stable. Also, they have 3 datacenter locations, 1 in Moscow and 2 in Saint Petersberg so I believe atleast 1 location should work well for you.
Thanks. I found some russian VPNs on vpngate.net and they are superfast. I'll probably stick with it

Reactions: Andrew999

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Not at all true. Encryption is just one aspect of a VPN; the others being IP concealing and bypassing restrictions. HTTPS cannot do those other two. Ther argument that HTTPS makes VPNs obsolete is invalid.
I think the golden era of VPNs bypassing IP georestrictions is long over. Every platform with DRM content I can think of has blacklisted literally every VPN server there is because bypassing restrictions is legally a violation of ToS and most definitely illegal in the country of that jurisdiction. Unless VPNs start using extremely popular CDN hosts that can't be blocked. Apple is doing this with iCloud Private Relay. They are using Cloudflare, Fastly and Akamai which simply cannot be blacklisted by anyone. VPNs still leak your IP, except they will show that you are 24/7 connected to a single server which should be a hint to anyone that you are using a VPN.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I think the golden era of VPNs bypassing IP georestrictions is long over. Every platform with DRM content I can think of has blacklisted literally every VPN server there is because bypassing restrictions is legally a violation of ToS and most definitely illegal in the country of that jurisdiction. Unless VPNs start using extremely popular CDN hosts that can't be blocked. Apple is doing this with iCloud Private Relay. They are using Cloudflare, Fastly and Akamai which simply cannot be blacklisted by anyone. VPNs still leak your IP, except they will show that you are 24/7 connected to a single server which should be a hint to anyone that you are using a VPN.

Yeah...no. None of that is true at all! What are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I've been using VPNs for 6 years straight. Windscribe, Mullvad, Cloudflare, iCloud Private Relay. But alright... Give your data away to fearmongering data miners lol.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.