Advice Request So which good and safe VPN are left now?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Nord got Obvious Scam tactics and is linked to Tesonet.
Surfshark Joined Nord and is linked to Tesonet.
AtlasVPN is also part of Nord Security ( or how they call it now "Cyberspace" )

Air VPN banned a user for a Support ticket.

Pia , Express VPN , Zen VPN and more are bought by Kape Technologies ( Known for malware under their earlier name Crossrider )

So i guess theres only IVPN and Mullvad , NVPN, left right ? as trustable and legit vpn?

Last edited:

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
ProtonVPN? Windscribe? Atlas VPN?
Proton Is also rumoured to be Affiliated with Tesonet and Protonmail hands user data out like candy pre recievieving court orders after their own transparency report, and Atlas VPN really looks like a Nord / Surfshark knockoff i mean they also heavily advertise with 80% cashback offers like nord and surfshark , i mean can you make a good secure VPN on like 10€ per 2 years ?... surfshark looked like a Nord Knockoff how long till atlas "joins" also they are new and unproven :/

Windscribe had unencrypted server seized.

Like wtf unencrypted server? thats like "the basic" feature a VPN should have , how did they set up not encrypted servers as VPN?

icarus

Level 2
Oct 29, 2021
im using vypr its a good product and have a friendly support win app a bit buggy but speed and service are good

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Just tried Mullvad , seems to be WAY better than surfshark , Hell even their Wireguard works with xbox gamepass and the store in generall which didnt work with surfsharks wireguard ( needed to use Open VPN ) fast and snappy , missing a few UI features but yeah the main thing is the connection not ui.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
i read adguard vpn afew weeks ago i dont like that privacypolicy its remind me trendmicro privacypolicy so(n)(n)(n)(n)
Absolutely see nothing to worry about in the AdGuard privacy policy. Not sure what you read, but after checking out the privacy policy of Trend Micro too, I can definitely say that AdGuard handles your data in a much more private way and does only collect essential data to improve their service.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
im using vypr its a good product and have a friendly support win app a bit buggy but speed and service are good

I had tested VyprVPN, in addition to its excellent encryption, it divided Speedtest by 5 in Wireguard, and did not exceed 80 in Open vpn ... (I have a 1Gbps connection)

On the other hand IVPN I don't know.... I'll have a look

EDIT : IVPN tested with the pass at 2$, it caps at 40 and many sites are slow in Wireguard...
Uninstalled

Last edited:

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
I had tested VyprVPN, in addition to its excellent encryption, it divided Speedtest by 5 in Wireguard, and did not exceed 80 in Open vpn ... (I have a 1Gbps connection)

On the other hand IVPN I don't know.... I'll have a look

EDIT : IVPN tested with the pass at 2$, it caps at 40 and many sites are slow in Wireguard...
Uninstalled
Try mullvad seems to be extremely fast.

Reactions: Shadowra

windscribe

From Windscribe
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 28, 2016
Proton Is also rumoured to be Affiliated with Tesonet and Protonmail hands user data out like candy pre recievieving court orders after their own transparency report, and Atlas VPN really looks like a Nord / Surfshark knockoff i mean they also heavily advertise with 80% cashback offers like nord and surfshark , i mean can you make a good secure VPN on like 10€ per 2 years ?... surfshark looked like a Nord Knockoff how long till atlas "joins" also they are new and unproven :/

Windscribe had unencrypted server seized.

Like wtf unencrypted server? thats like "the basic" feature a VPN should have , how did they set up not encrypted servers as VPN?
Don't discount the fact that you even know about this event. We could have easily said nothing, and you would never know. We chose to make it public, despite the damage to reputation.

I can almost guarantee you that this happened multiple times with "bigger" providers (it's a numbers game, more users/servers = higher chance of seizure), and they said nothing about it, because most seizures don't end up in public court case documents. Being called out publicly, after brushing things under the rug and hoping nobody notices, is how most VPN providers "disclose" things.

We made a mistake, disclosed it to every one of our users, and supplied a solution in record time. As a result, not only did we not see a spike in cancelations, more existing users opt in to pay for our service after learning how we handled this unfortunate event.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I've done the reverse & moved from Mullvad after encountering issues with split tunnelling & now use ExpressVPN, I'm not really interested in Kape issues - For me Express is very fast, connects instantly & very reliable.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.