Expired Softpedia & SwifDoo PDF PRO Giveaway

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.swifdoo.com/promotion/softpedia-giveaways-and-discounts
Event start
Apr 15, 2022
Event end
Apr 22, 2022
How to get a license
SwifDoo has been running a giveaway on Softpedia for their award-winning SwifDoo PDF PRO software. As part of the giveaway, you will be eligible to receive a free one-year license to SwifDoo PDF PRO.
Aug 15, 2020
This giveaway is open to global users without regional restrictions.
Can you access the SwifDoo official website(https://www.swifdoo.com)?

If the answer is yes, you will be able to access the giveaway landing page.
Yeah, I can access the SwifDoo home page without any issues. I can browse through their website and download the free trial all works. But when I try to open the giveaway link without a US VPN, this is what it looks like. See how the registration part is totally missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-28 112000.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-28 112000.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 137

Skylly

From SwifDoo PDF
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 21, 2014
T
Yeah, I can access the SwifDoo home page without any issues. I can browse through their website and download the free trial all works. But when I try to open the giveaway link without a US VPN, this is what it looks like. See how the registration part is totally missing?
I would be very grateful if you could tell me your country or region. I will forward the issue to the technical department, Thank you.

Os4a

Level 1
Verified
Oct 23, 2015
A little review: this program is surprisingly fast and covers my needs perfectly (saving range of pages from multipage documents, deleting or reshuffling pages, editing out some parts of text so on). If you run the installer at defaults the software makes itself default pdf viewer and integrates with explorer without asking for permission. It is made by Tianjin Xundu Technology. Compared to Perfect PDF by Soft Xpansion that I used previously SwifDoo is faster and the UI is friendlier.
And I have a question to Skylly: is it available in English only? I didn't find any language settings.

KOSTAS

Oct 12, 2015
Hi,wonderful program but lacking some greek capital characters when trying write text.

Skylly

From SwifDoo PDF
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 21, 2014
A little review: this program is surprisingly fast and covers my needs perfectly (saving range of pages from multipage documents, deleting or reshuffling pages, editing out some parts of text so on). If you run the installer at defaults the software makes itself default pdf viewer and integrates with explorer without asking for permission. It is made by Tianjin Xundu Technology. Compared to Perfect PDF by Soft Xpansion that I used previously SwifDoo is faster and the UI is friendlier.
And I have a question to Skylly: is it available in English only? I didn't find any language settings.
Thanks for your positive review. SwifDoo PDF will come in the German and French versions, and they will be released at the end of this month, so stay tuned.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

Skylly

From SwifDoo PDF
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 21, 2014
Thank you. I'll take a look at it
Now, SwifDoo PDF has upgraded to the 2.0.1.0 new version,
It added the feature of Quick Translation and it is possible to translate the selected text. SwifDoo PDF now supports translation among languages such as Chinese, English, Spanish, French, German, Korean, Italian, Arabic, and Portuguese;

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

Skylly

From SwifDoo PDF
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 21, 2014
Hi,

Is this a rebrand of Wondershare PDFelement?

Similar to features of almost of PDF software
As compared with PDFelement, It only takes up 10 MB of disk space, which is really lightweight in System Resources and yet powerful in Practice. Its Interface is like Microsoft which makes it more familiar to its users. We sincerely invite you to test it and give us some professional suggestions, thank you.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hello,

Yes, file "SwifdooInstaller_stable.exe" contains PDFRunningHelper.exe ( 0116167639799c814aa977ce41023932) and pdfspeedup.exe that loads malicious and PUA files.
archive.pdfxd[.]com/xundu/mini.7z (aace01c3896d94952cefba2fa872add66127394e3140c11512b47d7e4f005c6f)
archive.pdfxd[.]com/xundu/new_mini.dll 653115c921a0ab39d230e81ec32cb640
Also these files download files that we detect as not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Burden.gen, not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Softcnapp.gen
It was the verdict from Kaspersky when harlan submitted it.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Kaspersky still detects this new version installer:

1655109243663.png
Application name: explorer.exe
Application path: C:\Windows
Component: File Anti-Virus
Result description: Deleted
Type: Trojan
Name: UDS:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Gudra.gen
Precision: Exactly
Threat level: High
Object type: File
Object name: SwifdooInstaller_stable.exe
MD5 of an object: 6EA25093E091FB614FA84804F48B4302
This is the explanation I got from K. analyst:

1655109844136.png

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Adware or PUA ( potential unwanted application ) is of course a huge difference from real genuine Malware.

From my own thorough test on this software, I got Zero malicious detection even if I can confirm for example that PDFRunningHelper.exe get's installed, but there's still no malicious connection from that one specific and all it does is help, open the main software faster. Too many other software does the exact same with modules and features that also get's installed/used in the background.

Personal reflection on this, is that Kaspersky's assessment in their view when it comes to PUA or Adware in a majority is correct, but it also feels very sensitive ( possible too much ) in this specific case and that AV's block or flag/warn even 100% genuine legit software and their behavior, ain't anything new. Personal if I used this software and had Kaspersky on my machine and got this blocked, I would simply consider exclude the software in the AV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.