Solve Antivirus Technical Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agrodut

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2014
I use Avast anti virus free version but in this year I am facing some problem that is some time my Laptop is being shutting down. I discussed it with some of my friends and most of friends told me it's Antivirus technical issue and some suggested me to take a licence. I can not understand really what should I do. Please help me my dear friends ...

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Buying a Pro license won't help if the problem is not with avast, and if it is, maybe they will be able to help immediately you and maybe it will take a long time, require a bug fix and a new version.

So one simple way to investigate now would be to uninstall avast, and see if the problem persists. You could stay with Windows Defender for that time.

Reactions: Ink and yigido

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
By the way, you should try Malware Test's suggestion first, because maybe a reinstallation will really solve the issue!

The best way may be to uninstall (you can use the avast tool https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility), reboot, and then download and install it again. Then if the problem persists, you uninstall it and see if the problem persists. Let us know if you manage to solve the problem, and come back with any questions.

Reactions: Ink
I

illumination

I doubt it is the Anti-virus, as you would be having noticeable trouble with it, if it was the issue.. I would bet more along the lines if the laptop is just shutting down here and there, it is either a hardware problem "like over heating or HHD failure" or your infected.. I would follow the link i posted above, and check first to make sure the system is clean, then go from there.

Reactions: donetao

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
There's also the possibility of the culprit being another program. Have you installed new software recently? Does the computer shutdown on random situations, or is there a pattern?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Does it show Blue Screen of Death? Check your Reliability Monitor by going to Control Panel -----> Action Center which will registered all the events even the unexpected shutdown as it will show the overview dump of the problem.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html (Check for BSOD dumps where the problem relies on)

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! There are many reasons for a computer to shut down. Some good suggestions have been made. We need more information from you as @jamescv7 has asked. Are you getting a BSOD?? Over heating is a possibility. Lap tops are known for getting to hot. When is the last time you cleaned the dust from the vents? More information is needed for us to help you. I like a program called Who Crashed if you're getting Blue Screens. Do you know if your lap top is getting to hot?? Please respond so that a MT member can help you better!

Please read this.http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed_troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.