Troubleshoot solve this issue on windows 7 without update it

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
i use windows 7 x64 that is because it is the only platform i can use my joystick

genius wizard stick

this message i have if run some app or setup it

2rgkkuv.jpg

if i update windows message will solved but the joystick will not work cos it will not run

this link explain why it does not work

genius wizard stick WORKING!!

so anyone can help or make suggestion for install something to solve this

Attachments

• win7.jpg
    win7.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 397
Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
if i update windows message will solved but the joystick will not work cos it will not run

this link explain why it does not work

genius wizard stick WORKING!!

Can you say your impression of the problem at this time? It appears that the controller requires a driver that is not on the driver disk for the controller.

Did you install a driver for the controller already one time?

Upvote 0

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Can you say your impression of the problem at this time? It appears that the controller requires a driver that is not on the driver disk for the controller.

Did you install a driver for the controller already one time?
The controller works under application ( I install it )
Using a feature in application I can use the controller
The feature works on windows 7 correctly but if I updated the window
The feature not working well

If you read the link ( in my first post ) you can know how it works

Some update in windows make the feature of the application not working in the right

I think it relates to windows platform because windows 8 or 10
The drivers not working

Also there is no update for the joystick
I contact genius
The closed the server for the games of the joystick and stopped support for joystick

In the link someone show how it works but only in windows 7

I will give try update only c runtime but after backup the Windows

Or wait any another solution if someone knows

Upvote 0

tlacenka

Level 2
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
if u are using shadow defender or any VM, u can try it there and then return to previous state... its way quicker than do backup and return..(depends ofcourse on what software for backup are u using and how u do images... :)

Upvote 0

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I think I understand.

Have you tried removing Windows updates? If you know when the problem started, you could remove all the updates from MS back to that time.

Reactions: brambedkar59
Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Try this:
After updating windows, uninstall the application including drivers from system and try reinstalling (of course after a reboot).
For reinstallation try running installer as admin or you could try compatibility mode.

Upvote 0

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Try this:
After updating windows, uninstall the application including drivers from system and try reinstalling (of course after a reboot).
For reinstallation try running installer as admin or you could try compatibility mode.
i try this before
does not work

Upvote 0

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
if u are using shadow defender or any VM, u can try it there and then return to previous state... its way quicker than do backup and return..(depends ofcourse on what software for backup are u using and how u do images... :)
i will try shadow defender
i got a key but not install or try it
so i think this is time now

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.