Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
My space is decreasing
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Uninstalling programs, virus scans.
I have this stupid issue with my hard drive: my space is constantly decreasing ! I know it's stupid question,how can i fix problem ? It really irritates me :mad: I don't have so much programs installed, my system is clean but issue still persists.

Reactions: scot

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
3 words - Wise Disk Cleaner :)
And you can try PrivaZer. I think that the problem is probably correlated, as @Fedora stated, with Shadow Copies, or increasing size of pagefile.sys or/and hyberfil.sys files, due the different cashing in RAM. Those can be optimized and cleared, reset with Privazer.

If the free space is decreasing progressively, (and you do nothing) you can try Moo0 File Monitor (there's also a portable edition),
Moo0 File Monitor is a simple-to-use Windows application that enables you to keep track of all file activity and find out what the system or other users are exactly accessing when performing file operations. It comes packed with a simple set of options that should be easy to figure out by all types of users.
to see what's happening on your hdd in real time.

Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

Thread author
System restore points was causing issue, i released 25GB of space :)

2015-01-08_182608.png

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I didn't cleaned up since i installed OS (August,4th. 2014) :D Wise Disk Cleaner found 1GB junk.
You can also do it via Windows.

Click Start >All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup > Click the OK

After it finishes searching > click Clean up system files > click OK

Click on More Options and in the box System Restore and Shadow Copies click Clean Up

This cleans all but the most recent restore point

This is for Windows 7 but I am sure it is similar in Windows 8

Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

Thread author
You can also do it via Windows.

Click Start >All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup > Click the OK

After it finishes searching > click Clean up system files > click OK

Click on More Options and in the box System Restore and Shadow Copies click Clean Up

This cleans all but the most recent restore point

This is for Windows 7 but I am sure it is similar in Windows 8

I don't have Disk Cleanup.

Reactions: nissimezra
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.