Advice Request (Solved) My Kaspersky account password change keep getting denied

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsworn

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Long story short. I tried to change My Kaspersky account password but to no avail.
It keeps saying that I need to include valid symbols. It rejects any kind of symbols I've tried so far. I've put up to 8 different symbols without success either. Please check the included screenshot for a better clarity.

What did I do wrong here? Can someone give me pointer?

2018-12-01_10-23-00.png

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Q&A - (Solved) My Kaspersky account password change keep getting denied

Last edited:

redsworn

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
It's more like you using invalid symbols.
I didn't include any symbols in my password initially but it deny me to proceed. It still denies my new password even when I included symbols.
Their help page also isn't really helpful either for my particular problem. Maybe I should just give up and left my password as-is.

Reactions: Weebarra

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
Yes the problem seems to be due to invalid symbols, but in this case, the help page should show which symbols are allowed and which not.
Are you running a keystrokes encryption application such as ZAL?

redsworn

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Spaces? probably is the opposite? it is asking for You to use some symbols :)
Fu*k me sideways! This is the issue! They don't accept space in your password.
But seriously though, in what world space is considered as a symbol?
Problem solved!

So for other people who are still wondering. Don't use bloody space in your My Kaspersky account password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.