Advice Request Someone logged into my old instagram account

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
I got an email today telling me that someone has logged into my old instagram account. This account hasn't been logged into for years and nobody else has my password and I've never really used it. All I have is a couple of friends on it and that's all. The email stated that someone logged in from a Moto G phone in Russia. I immediately took the first step and changed my password, then I requested that my account gets deleted. I'm really shocked by what happened especially that I've forgotten about this account.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: Venustus and tipo

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Security practises encourage that you have protect your accounts. Basic knowledge.

I have this on my new instagram and fb accounts and even on my emails...etc. But I totally forgot about this specific instagram account and I thought that I've deleted it years ago. If it weren't for the email that I've got, I wouldn't know that this account still existed. Anyway, I deleted it now but I'm surprised how would someone log into it without knowing my email atleast nor my password...I really don't know! I'm confused.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.