Soorya Security Config.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello, good to see another avast! user :) You should add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Anti-Malware Free.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Definitely, Thanks
If you wish to extend your security massively, look at this thread High security settings for avast! without impacting performance It's the best settings to use in avast! :) Have a good day.

H

Hope I win Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit !
@Soorya You cannot use Anti-Exploit on a Mac I jusr realised thanks to @Umbra here's the link to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free for Mac Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac

@Soorya If you do follow the avast! settings make sure 'Scan well-known browser processes only' is unchecked I did it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

does everybody saw he/she is on a Mac? :D

btw:

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

i have no clue about OSX but it seems good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
@Soorya: Bhai, are you using a hackinstosh? Since OS X prefers x64 on modern hardware. As long as you stick with apps downloaded from app store, AV is rarely needed. Haven't used El Capitan, but security wise its pretty solid. Consider adding password managers like Last Pass or other alternative because LP (now owned by LogMe In) users are concerned with security issues. I like the Mac's user friendliness very much.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Well, I'm not quite experienced with Mac, however this sure does seem like a solid configuration!
Nothing to add, really.
Thanks for sharing your security configuration with us! :p

Reactions: Andrew999

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Straightforward configuration since you need one AV and regular backup fo Mac OS X. Still infections are lower unless you visit a known source that contains dmg threats.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
@Soorya bhai, its better to disable real time protection of AVAST, since it ruins the experience of owning a Mac. I prefer On-demand scanner on a Mac, if all apps are installed via App Store and not from unknown sources.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.