Status
Not open for further replies.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I tried it today and uninstalled it in under 2 hours. Too heavy for my laptop, >350 MB of ram usage (added private working set for all the processes), slow windows startup, FF seems sluggish, even explorer takes a second or two to open, now back to 360 TSE w/o Avira & BD.
As it's in Beta now maybe in next update it will improve. Might give it another try then.
PS, using it with CF.

Sundaram999

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2014
My experience: it slows down the systen and especially the browser. for some reason i could not use keyboard to enter any text in Firefox:(
I was so hoping for this software

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
according to the results in malwarehub, this app has been infected by malwares and ransomwares for several times. It proves that sophos home (not so good from the beginning) and HitmanPro.Alert module are overrated when it comes to detecting zero-day malwares

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you have access to hmpa it doesn't offer much except if you want to "maintain" computers remotely.
The Loman brothers make it sound like it is ahead of HMPA beta, i.e., less buggy. That's what got me interested. Sounds like they are putting most of their energy into Sophos Home beta...

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
The Loman brothers make it sound like it is ahead of HMPA beta, i.e., less buggy. That's what got me interested. Sounds like they are putting most of their energy into Sophos Home beta...
It was not buggy from what i tested but the stable version is not bugy for the default stuff anw. I obviously don't know what build it is but i doubt it's ahead of hmpa beta. Sophos beta and intercept x probably don't share the same update cycle so who knows.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
@shmu26 it's a great product they just need time to fix some bugs and make it stronger.
Sophos need more time maybe 2 or 3 years to make Sophos premium better I mean it's only beta what you expect from a beta av?
Im sure they will be among top 5 soon because of that hitman pro alert technology.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@shmu26 it's a great product they just need time to fix some bugs and make it stronger.
Sophos need more time maybe 2 or 3 years to make Sophos premium better I mean it's only beta what you expect from a beta av?
Im sure they will be among top 5 soon because of that hitman pro alert technology.
It disables Windows Defender, right? So you are forced to use their AV, or else no AV?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I didn't try it in win 10 to see it will disable the win defender or no.
and about the win 7, I don't know... because I never used the win defender on win 7.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It was not buggy from what i tested but the stable version is not bugy for the default stuff anw. I obviously don't know what build it is but i doubt it's ahead of hmpa beta. Sophos beta and intercept x probably don't share the same update cycle so who knows.
But look at what the dev is saying:
"HMPA elements in Sophos builds are a bit ahead of the beta build here on Wilders Security.
We plan to post a new build on this forum soon - expect next week!"
HitmanPro.Alert BETA

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
But look at what the dev is saying:
"HMPA elements in Sophos builds are a bit ahead of the beta build here on Wilders Security.
We plan to post a new build on this forum soon - expect next week!"
HitmanPro.Alert BETA
You are right i guess. They have so many products with the same components that it's confusing.

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
And that was two weeks ago ...

I also always thought HMPA beta was the vanguard, or test-bed.

But I think there is some corporate pressure to deliver Intercept X 2.0. Mark: We are very much caught up in work for Sophos (upcoming release of Intercept X 2.0).
This work comes to an end soon so we're going to focus HitmanPro.Alert again.

So it is probably the other way round at the mo', and they will introduce Sophos changes into HMPA shortly. Business market > consumer. (But I would expect Sophos Home to be behind HMPA).
Last HMPA beta build 712 was July 9.

Edit: Just saw this also: HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread ... which sheds a little more light.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.