Advice Request Spammy Yahoo Email Account

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

EricaR

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 4, 2020
You might be wonder to hear that I still own a Yahoo account. This is my first email account and I didn't abandon it, because it's important me. Though I need to move Yahoo emails to my new gmail account, It was bothersome sending one by one to new account.So, I kept it active.Now, my problem is, I'm getting massive number of email from unknown people saying lottery winnings, fund transferring, bank deposit and so many ridiculous things.Most of them are related to money and fund transferring.I'm really wondering how could this happen without providing my E-mail address to these people? I haven't use this email for ages but kept it activated by login occasionally. Does anybody know why this wired thing is happening?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.