SparkCognition DeepArmor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_at_spark

Level 1
Sep 20, 2016
Hey users, we understand that there has been some frustration over the change to require a company email to sign up for the beta, we are granting keys to users with personal email addresses who email us independently and explain their interest and use. We have had a lot of interest in our second release of registration keys and to help validate users our team decided that a known company domain would be helpful.

If you don't have a company email address but would like to be a beta tester (or if you have any feedback or questions), you can email deeparmor@sparkcognition.com
@shmu26 @_CyberGhosT_ @Mike Forgione @SHvFl @ZeroDay

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
So just for info they send beta only to people registered with a company email(no clue how they define company email when everyone can get a personal domain). They don't allow gmail, yahoo or outlook.
So just so i understand you all gave your company email to get access to this beta?
@shmu26 @_CyberGhosT_ @Mike Forgione

This seems beyond stupid practice to me. I am not going to give the company email to do personal beta testing. Work email is for business related stuff and also usually has the name of the user. So that's a terrible privacy practice to follow.
What is the logic behind your demand? @sarah_at_spark
I gave regular, free, personal gmail address

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for the feedback Sarah but I already have obtained from
Sparkcognition a working copy.

Attachments

• DA_SS.png
    DA_SS.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 481

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
this company is pissing me off they want my info my contract info what the .....

Hi Mr No Name,

Thanks for showing interest in the DeepArmor Beta program. Our goal to to build the best cognitive anti-malware solution in the market and our Beta community is a big part of that.

We are not requiring a corporate email address but it is an easy way to validate our users identity. If you don't have a corporate or education address than please provide your name and contact information so we can validate your identity. No anonymous tester will be accepted into the program.

Thanks and looking forward to working with you to make DeepArmor great.

Bryan

SparkCognition

Sent from my iPhone

-----------------------
I do not think that some of us shooed give some personal info as we know this company is little bit to me FAKE
none company till now have told me something like this !

"Validate your identity"
"No anonymous tester will be accepted into the program"
I want to be the first anonymous tester

D

Deleted member 178

So just for info they send beta only to people registered with a company email(no clue how they define company email when everyone can get a personal domain). They don't allow gmail, yahoo or outlook.
So just so i understand you all gave your company email to get access to this beta?
This seems beyond stupid practice to me. I am not going to give the company email to do personal beta testing. Work email is for business related stuff and also usually has the name of the user. So that's a terrible privacy practice to follow.
What is the logic behind your demand? @sarah_at_spark

I agree all famous vendors don't even ask email for their betas even Closed- betas. I start seeing that all those so called "Next-Gen" vendors all have one common points: shady behaviors.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

I understand some of you are in the process of testing the DeepArmor. I have a few questions which I do hope you can provide the answers.

As all of us know having

2 traditional antivirus running in real-time = NO

1 traditional antivirus running in real-time and 1 (or more) traditional antivirus running on-demand = YES

How about

2 AI antivirus running in real-time = ??

Both 1 AI antivirus and 1 traditional antivirus running in real-time = ??

Anybody has tested and can answer?

Thanks

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hi Mr No Name,

Thanks for showing interest in the DeepArmor Beta program. Our goal to to build the best cognitive anti-malware solution in the market and our Beta community is a big part of that.

We are not requiring a corporate email address but it is an easy way to validate our users identity. If you don't have a corporate or education address than please provide your name and contact information so we can validate your identity. No anonymous tester will be accepted into the program.

Thanks and looking forward to working with you to make DeepArmor great.

Bryan

SparkCognition
This is too funny, they did not reach out to you, you contacted them, to test "their product" right ?
What they are asking is very reasonable seeing if your system is compromised so too could their connection
or feed to their servers, and there are those that would do this on purpose. They are simply protecting themselves.
Either meet the conditions or withdraw from the Beta, it's that simple. What they are asking is not uncommon or
strange.
@Mr.NoName
You do realize how your reply to Bryan made you look right ?
I would not have shared that, but then again I would not have formulated that childish reply either.
I just hope Sarah & Bryan understand that you don't represent the views of MT or DeepArmor Beata
Testers.
I am sorry but your another one of those that every time I take you off of Ignore you find new
ways to show me what a mistake I made ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Update:
DeepArmor Beta 36 has been released, upon install I did notice an Auto Start has been added.
So it appears DeepArmor is now permitted to Auto Start at Windows Start up which was disabled
by design in the previous version.
There have also been some UI improvements that are fantastic and make the Panel more user friendly. Before posting a SS here,
I would like for @sarah_at_spark or a SparkCognition Rep to give consent, as I don't want to violate any beta rules or SparkCognitions Trust.
The update install went very smooth, but you are required to stop DeepArmor before the install or it will hang.
PeAcE
*So far I have run DeepArmor alongside VooDooShield, as well as HitManPro Alert & HitMan Pro
with absolutely no ill effects.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Update:
DeepArmor Beta 36 has been released, upon install I did notice an Auto Start has been added.
So it appears DeepArmor is now permitted to Auto Start at Windows Start up which was disabled
by design in the previous version.
There have also been some UI improvements that are fantastic and make the Panel more user friendly. Before posting a SS here,
I would like for Sarah or a SparkCognition Rep to give consent, as I don't want to violate any beta rules or SparkCognitions Trust.
The update install went very smooth, but you are required to stop DeepArmor before the install or it will hang.
PeAcE
*So far I have run DeepArmor alongside VooDooShield, as well as HitManPro Alert & HitMan Pro
with absolutely no ill effects.
That's great. Can try running along side a traditional AV both in real-time and see any problem? Need some real feedback to gauge the software.

Thanks for the feedback

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
That's great. Can try running along side a traditional AV both in real-time and see any problem? Need some real feedback to gauge the software.

Thanks for the feedback
That's not my forte, I only posted those because I run exclusively a sig free build on my Windows
HDD, I am not above testing other sig-free configurations that include DeepArmor, but you won't catch
me with any Sig based configs not even for testing purposes, for me it would be a step backwards.
I don't know how many other testers are active here but one of them may be interested in,
Sig-based configurations with DeepArmor.
But seeing it is a Algorithm based software, I bet it will be hard to find DeepArmor in a situation where
it impedes the functionality of traditional AV's. It may be more likely that they would interfere with
DeepArmor. But of course this is just speculation on my part.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
That's not my forte, I only posted those because I run exclusively a sig free build on my Windows
HDD, I am not above testing other sig-free configurations that include DeepArmor, but you won't catch
me with any Sig based configs not even for testing purposes, for me it would be a step backwards.
I don't know how many other testers are active here but one of them may be interested in,
Sig-based configurations with DeepArmor.
But seeing it is a Algorithm based software, I bet it will be hard to find DeepArmor in a situation where
it impedes the functionality of traditional AV's. It may be more likely that they would interfere with
DeepArmor. But of course this is just speculation on my part.
OK thanks

On a note. What do you think of 2x AI AV running both in real-time? Any conflict in your opinion? I supposed if an AI AV is complementary to a traditional AV then 2x AI AV should complement one another and run harmoniously without conflict, right?

The reason I say this is because the maths and algorithms used by the 2x AI AV might be different and, if they are complementary to each other, might offer 2x protection.

Thanks again

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
OK thanks

On a note. What do you think of 2x AI AV running both in real-time? Any conflict in your opinion? I supposed if an AI AV is complementary to a traditional AV then 2x AI AV should complement one another and run harmoniously without conflict, right?

The reason I say this is because the maths and algorithms used by the 2x AI AV might be different and, if they are complementary to each other, might offer 2x protection.

Thanks again
Seeing that the sources for the AI are very different, they do "i feel"
compliment each other. If it was two versions from the same company
or author I would expect issues and some stepping on each others toes so to speak.
I am currently not running VS in autopilot mode though. From the first beta release of
VS I left it on Default (Smart Mode) with a few settings changes, I became comfortable with
Smart Mode over the years so that's where I have left it.
I think DeepArmor is going to have one hell of a future as long as they don't make any drastic
self defeating decisions here in the near future.
Cylance could learn a lot from the SparkCognition Team ;)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Seeing that the sources for the AI are very different, they do "i feel"
compliment each other. If it was two versions from the same company
or author I would expect issues and some stepping on each others toes so to speak.
I am currently not running VS in autopilot mode though. From the first beta release of
VS I left it on Default (Smart Mode) with a few settings changes, I became comfortable with
Smart Mode over the years so that's where I have left it.
I think DeepArmor is going to have one hell of a future as long as they don't make any drastic
self defeating decisions here in the near future.
Cylance could learn a lot from the SparkCognition Team ;)
Thanks for the reply

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Heads Up to fellow beta testers,
Expect a Email from SparkCognition concerning DeepArmor,
I received one today with the feedback link and password so
be vigilant. ;)
I installed DeepArmor today..:)
I had missed the "confirmation as a Beta-tester" email that arrived on Nov 3rd due to it ending up in the "promotions" section of my mailbox rather than the "Important" section which my previous interactions with them had been :oops:
So today I Installed that version,as well as the updated Beta later on.:)
It plays well with all my other Security Software other than Crystal Security..
CS produced DeepArmor's first and only alert so far,and I needed to add the DeepArmor temp folder as a CS exclusion to stop CS crashing..
All seems well now though,and I am looking forward to the ongoing development of DeepArmor:)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I installed DeepArmor today..:)
I had missed the "confirmation as a Beta-tester" email that arrived on Nov 3rd due to it ending up in the "promotions" section of my mailbox rather than the "Important" section which my previous interactions with them had been :oops:
So today I Installed that version,as well as the updated Beta later on.:)
It plays well with all my other Security Software other than Crystal Security..
CS produced DeepArmor's first and only alert so far,and I needed to add the DeepArmor temp folder as a CS exclusion to stop CS crashing..
All seems well now though,and I am looking forward to the ongoing development of DeepArmor:)
Glad your on board brother.
I think you will enjoy DeepArmor as much as I do. :)
If you need to, feel free to PM me anytime if I can help
in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.