SparkCognition DeepArmor

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

No longer doing business with them, was testing their DeepArmor BETA since first release, after they released their Enterprise product, DeepArmor disbanded any BETA licenses to be used anymore, nor gave any discount for continued product.
This is called Guinea Pig scheme. LOL
btw, where is the guy that has connection with DeepArmor and Hyped it at that time, seems he fled too LOL

Reactions: Kuttz and DeepWeb
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

No longer doing business with them, was testing their DeepArmor BETA since first release, after they released their Enterprise product, DeepArmor disbanded any BETA licenses to be used anymore, nor gave any discount for continued product.

They aren't the most personable people there for sure. Apparently a consumer version is coming by the end of this year, no later than Q1 2019. Some of the engineers there aren't very friendly, but then again, they're engineers.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017

I thought the deal was that beta testers got a life time license for their help testing the product?

Reactions: Arias and AtlBo

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
A little birdy tells me Deep Armor has made some breakthroughs and has a new version coming out capable of using AI to spot scripts, weaponized documents and phishing attacks.

I should know more soon.

At least AI based detection of malicious PowerShell scripts is already implemented in the latest release. Weaponized documents are being detected as well with the AI engine.

Here you can find some videos:

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I thought the deal was that beta testers got a life time license for their help testing the product?
DeepArmor Beta program has now concluded with the launch of DeepArmor Enterprise. We highly appreciate your feedback and participation and I encourage you to sign up for DeepArmor Enterprise demo if you have Enterprise or Small Business use case.
heston.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

True or false?
This was their reply when I asked comparison between three best AI models. Cylance I can confirm is pathetic compared to when they started........

1. Efficacy against malware less than 24 hours old (DeepArmor 99.44%, Invincea 85% and Cyance 64%)
2. We are only solution that uses machine learning only and across the 3 main vectors (file-based, file-less and in-memory)
3. Transparent AI - We use NLP to provide reasons why our model determined a file/document to be malicious

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Regards,
Rick Pither
Director of Cybersecurity
With these statements they shot themselves in a knee. It will fire back sooner or later.

Reactions: Illuminatus

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I want to clear up some of the misconceptions here. Sparkcognition did not ever promise beta testers "lifetime licenses" some devs do this, but not all. I was involved in the beta too and I was never promised anything.
As for scanning, DeepArmor scans can be triggered from the control console as seen below:
Cntrl_SS.png
The settings are configurable as well but from the management console, due to the info on display on the settings page of the console I can't post a SS of it with out a lot of editing so I won't, but I will add more SS to this post at the end right after Thanksgiving
A main reason why Spark did not hand out keys is because they are a "For business" service, they have no consumer based product "yet", but I am under the impression that that may change sooner rather than later. Their CEO (Amir Husain) is dedicated and an amazing fella, and the staff have proven helpful and professional, I have had the pleasure of speaking with over the past year and a half and not once had any negative experiences.
I have experience with Cylance too and I would choose DeepArmor over Cylances product every day of the year.
Spark has built their name fast and with a fury, from DeepArmor to the explosion or awards they have earned to their other ventures like the Boeing collabaration and others too numerous to mention, plus I want to stay on topic :)
I am very experienced with DeepArmor and if any have questions I will be glad to answer what I can, and what I can't answer, you may get Sparkcognition to answer by calling them with your questions.
I can say they are nothing like Cylance and I mean that in a good way. DeepArmor is very effective and low on resource usage, it has flagged some things falsely early in the beta, but over time as it is on your machine, it does learn and the false positives for me now are non existent and a thing of the past.
PS: My intention here is not to get anyone to "like" DeepArmor that has decided they don't, but to just clear up some misconceptions. PeAcE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Good practice is to offers yearly renewable licenses to valuable beta-testers, to keep them testing. If a company doesn't want offer licenses to testers, they shouldn't use public testers and say it clearly.

Using free testers then discarding their license after the product is released is mean and unprofessional.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
We don't know weather or not something will be offered once the "for consumers" version comes to fruition, hating on them before finding out is a good way to make sure nothing positive comes of it. I am not saying they will, but negative assumptions is surely a good way to remove any possible positive outcome.
Even mine is not "free" I am retired but I have a business license that is still valid, seeing the devotion and attention to their craft, I have no issues doing my small part to support them in their efforts by paying a fair price for a excellent product.
I don't do whats right and good seeking reward, I do it because fighting the good fight is how I was raised, and creeping up on 50 I doubt that will change anytime soon.
If I hear anything concerning a consumer version I will be sure to PM those of you that did participate in the beta asap. PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_

Can you check with them whether any home edition and its eta? Thanks
I speak with the Spark team at least monthly, and Amir messages me randomly, I will share any relevant news concerning a Home version as soon as I get it gladly Harbor. good to see you still here brother. Happy Thanksgiving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.