Nevi

Level 6
Verified
Lately I have changed my subscription from Spotify premium, to Tidals hi-fi subscription. I had bought a couple of new Beyerdynamics headphones, and tried to take a listen to Tidals lossless. Now I get it. With a couple of good headphones it was possible for me to actually hear the difference. More room, better bass etc.

What are you guys using? Are you able to hear the difference between the two? I couldn't before I got some good headphones. What about you guys? :unsure:

LASER_oneXM

Level 36
Verified
in the past 2 years i had a paid abo from Spotify. Currently Deezer is offering a free 3 months trial (in germany) and in this moment im listening to music in HiFi/CD quality from Deezer. IMO it is a big/huge difference therefore i guess i will stay with Deezer for a while and continue the subsciption after the free trial period. Deezer (HiFi option) is a bit cheaper than Tidal-HiFi (15 euro vs 20 euro). Im also using beyerdynamic headphones (with the mobile headphone amplifier Creative Sondblaster E5): DT990 Pro (250Ohm), Custom One Pro plus (16 Ohm) and iDX 200iE (in ear).

ItsReallyMe

Level 5
what
Lately I have changed my subscription from Spotify premium, to Tidals hi-fi subscription. I had bought a couple of new Beyerdynamics headphones, and tried to take a listen to Tidals lossless. Now I get it. With a couple of good headphones it was possible for me to actually hear the difference. More room, better bass etc.

What are you guys using? Are you able to hear the difference between the two? I couldn't before I got some good headphones. What about you guys? :unsure:
what is the headphone?

Cortex

Level 22
Verified
Using Spotify Family at the moment, I gave Tidal a try a few months ago & there were to me subtle differences, an issue was I have a playlist of thousands of tracks (used Spotify for many years) that were impossible to import whatever system I used - As Tidal is twice the price I didn't bother as I tend t use online streamers for background use - I've ripped 1500 albums FLAC CD quality anyway & some hi-res (waste of space) that I stream to hi-fi from PC or NAS that don't disappear in a flash of light like it does on online streamers when artist/label i n a bad mood or skint - Use Roksan K3/Marantz Streamer/Castle speakers - Just an alternative way?

Cortex

Level 22
Verified
Lossless is awesome as long as you have decent hearing and a good headphones 🎧
Or decent well placed loudspeakers on solid stands if small not floor standers? Hearing frequency loss doesn't make that much difference as almost all music is well below 10,000 htz - Most musicians of my generation are almost stone deaf because & playing in a band all their life but still play well :):):)

Nevi

Level 6
Verified
what

what is the headphone?
I have two now. The new Beyerdynamics Aventho, and Audeze SINE. What I have noticed most, is the dynamics and the room. They were not good on Spotify. Now I can hear the room is bigger, and there are air around each player in the band. I keep hearing new things. The bass is also better.
I have heard many good things about Deezer, I think they will be more used in the future. There are also one called Quobuzz, they just only work in USA at the moment, and maybe parts of Asia, but it's only a matter of time say customer support.
But now I have found Tidal, I think I stay here. Viva el musico.:)

Jaspion

Level 16
Verified
Deezer. They have hi-fi lke Tidal, but much better interface. Idk if that's a huge deal for you, but I couldn't stand it that the first thing I saw when opening Tidal was artists I have absolutely no interest in; same with Spotify. Deezer's Flow feature and recommendations are great too, plus I've managed to find a few more obscure tracks only on Deezer.