New Update Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.9.82 Released (December 23, 2021)

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.9.82 Released (December 23, 2021)

Spybot 2.9 features a long list of highest quality under the hood updates, including outstanding support for Windows 11 and the latest releases of major and niche web browsers. Spybot’s unique approach to anti-malware and unpopular software complements the award-winning first class antivirus software included in all paid versions, resulting in a complete solution that goes far beyond what regular antivirus suites cover – even at an affordable and competitive price.

With best Regards
Mops21

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Hi guys, what do you thik about it?

I think it's over 10 years since I heard about Spybot. What I could find about it, was not especially exciting, but then I dont really know the product today. If I wanted something of the kind, I would probably look at Malwarebytes premium. Especially if I had to pay for it. But maybe the developers have made something really good.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
To take things a step further, I had some fun doing a test run.
I installed a few PUPs and Adware that I had on hand.

The updated Spybot only detected PC Cleaner (which is a PUP). The other detections are false positives (especially WinRAR... lol)

AdwCleaner detected everything I had installed :)

Capture d’écran 2023-08-23 140021.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The updated Spybot only detected PC Cleaner (which is a PUP). The other detections are false positives (especially WinRAR... lol)
The WinRAR detection is not a false positive, its for cleaning usage traces. Its not detecting it as being malware or a PUP.

• Wow
Reactions: Nevi and Shadowra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.