SpyHunter 4 : Is it a fake software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi, I accidentally came across spyhunter 4. So thought of giving it a try. My system which was other wise clean was detected with 36 infections. This left me wondering. HOW???? Has any one of us tried or tested this. It is actually a fake rouge software just to fool?

This can be found here : http://www.enigmasoftware.com/

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I could have, since it does not allow removal until I buy the license, I uninstalled it. I tested, Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes after this, wherein nothing was detected.This left me fuming!!!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
SpyHunter is a virus scanner that gives fake results in an attempt to scare people into giving them money. SpyHunter is a complete scam. Do not download SpyHunter because it will ruin your computer and waste your time.
How does it ruin your computer?......... Is it ransomware?

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Wait, but what did you thought then? Do you really did not know it before?
Here they are, from which would be a sensible far to overtake.
  • SpyHunter
  • RegHunter
  • Spyware HelpDesk
  • System Medic
Is this a list of fakeware available?

SpyHunter is a virus scanner that gives fake results in an attempt to scare people into giving them money. SpyHunter is a complete scam. Do not download SpyHunter because it will ruin your computer and waste your time.
I completely agree since this is what it seemed to be.

Nope Spyhunter 4 is not a fake software but i don't recommended it. MBAM free version do a better job.
But how come it detects something which no other detects. Seems to have some extraordinary devine power:D

Last edited by a moderator:

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Wait.. you installed software that you hadn't heard of, on your PC? Next time, look up reviews and do some research before installing software that you don't know about.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/enigmasoftware.com
I agree!!!

always watch reviews before buying products :)

This guy exposed Spuhunter 4 that it's a fake product so Spyhunter tried to threaten that dude but failed hard xD

As I guessed. The entire episode was frustrating and distracting. Probably we can now add this junkware in MT's abandoned S/w list.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Spyhunter 4 is rated to be a questionnable program even though provides steps to remove rogue/spyware software. Due to issues like misleading results and ask you to remove by purchasing the license.

Reactions: Exterminator

Ardo

Aug 21, 2015
SpyHunter 4 claimed to find Win32/BitCoinMiner from my computer along with 400 other problems. The real problem here is, that my computer doesn't have a folder named "Win32". Instead its "System32"
BUSTED!!!
*Manually deletes all SpyHunter files*

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.