New Update SpyShelter 14

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016

SpyShelter Premium Version 14 is available at...

As far as I can tell, it is the same as version 12.9 except that it has added some features previously available only on their Firewall version -- that version has been discontinued.

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Application Execution Control is already listed on Download | SpyShelter - World's Best Anti Keylogger but not checked at version 12.9.
Edit: for Premium version 14 users is now interesting the thread Spyshelter *Firewall* can be also used as an anti-exe

SS 12.9.jpg

Last edited:

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Nice to see new thread about 14 version. My post will be more fornal and it's related to old licence - I mean lifetime licence for Firewall version.
It's vital matter for me...in this context... because I have two such licence so I asked new owner about it. Not digging into details - all of you who is using lifetime licence for Firewall version please e-mail owned code to new developer using adress
helpdesk@spyshelter.com
You shoul do this ASAP to get new number.

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
I have two such licence so I asked new owner about it.
Is there a new owner? I know Datapol was seeking to sell SpyShelter (SS) but I had not heard they had actually sold it.

Hey, ichito -- if you have any more information about this sale & new owner, please share it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@dinosaur07 -- At this moment, there is no formal announcement of version 14 on the SS website. The download link is not yet publicized but, at the moment, is still available on the SS website.

Last edited:

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
@dinosaur07 -- I had the same experience. Nevertheless, the download link works, it is located on SS's website, the version 14 is for real, & it has some nice new features.

Perhaps the programmers got ahead of the webmaster. Or maybe they want to announce the new version officially when they announce the new owners. Who knows? In the meantime, we have a splendid update to guard our computer's groin area. 😊

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

@dinosaur07 -- I had the same experience. Nevertheless, the download link works, it is located on SS's website, the version 14 is for real, & it has some nice new features.

Perhaps the programmers got ahead of the webmaster. Or maybe they want to announce the new version officially when they announce the new owners. Who knows? In the meantime, we have a splendid update to guard our computer's groin area. 😊
HIPS programs are an extremely tough sell. The only people interested in them are geeks. Basically, SpyShelter only works as a going concern if it is managed and sold by a very small team. Otherwise it just isn't economically viable. Even then, SpyShelter is headed in the direction of Malware Defender. Remember that HIPS?

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
And now since they are changing owners and after cancelling the other version who knows of their future.
Who knows of their future? That's a good question to ask of just about every security app nowadays, except for Windows Defender (WD).

In fact WD is all the security that most users need, except for the small percentage of higher-risk users, & those who are paranoid, & those who are hobbyists.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Furyo -- Yes, I remember Malware Defender. However, I FONDLY remember the HIPS that I actually used at one time or another -- System Safety Monitor and that Aussie one, but I can't remember its name. It was Online Armor or something like that.
The HIPS *concept* was a very good one, I think, but most users didn't want the hassle of dealing with alerts. With a super good AI, a HIPS might be sufficiently user friendly to pair up with a good both-ways firewall. Or not.............

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@Furyo -- Yes, I remember Malware Defender. However, I FONDLY remember the HIPS that I actually used at one time or another -- System Safety Monitor and that Aussie one, but I can't remember its name. It was Online Armor or something like that.
SSM - great HIPS from Russia o_O Of course it's joke ;) I liked it very much but there was in the past by you mentioned Online Armor. I still "love" this great piece of software developed by Mike Nash from Australia. More than 10 years ago he sold OA to Emsisoft from Austria...and then Emsi moved head quarter to Australia :)

Back to SS Premium - I've installed v. 14 on XP where was working Premium from 12.x line. It's great that SS still supports XP because new app is working very fine.

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
SSM - great HIPS from Russia
I never realized it was from Russia. Perhaps back then we were less Xenophobic.

Meanwhile, back on topic: minor change -- version 14's system tray icon now offers "Disable Protection." At least, I never noticed it before & I did look for it. Why? Because SS's alerts can be a huge PITA (Pain In The Anatomy) when installing a new app, especially if it's a security app.

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.