Battle Spyshelter Firewall vs Zemana AntiLogger Premium

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I use win 10 and my security protection is eset internet security 10
In realtime

I have lifetime license for spyshalter firewall and use it for realtime but disable firewall feature

Also have malwarebytes pro lifetime license and use only anti-exploit feature on realtime

I just win zemana antilogger 1 year license
So which option use
1- use zemana realtime full with all above
2- use some feature only
3- use zemana AL only and remove spyshalter firewall
4- use zemana AL ondemand only

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I red that voodooshield difficult in use and takes many times and many tries to make it works well

Also need deep knowledge to make best choice for action
Many say that voodooshield is good to combination
well look, Umbra is going to kick me for suggesting this, but I think you should run ESET + ZAL.

I use that exact combo on my wife's laptop, and it works great. I think that the HIPS of ZAL is very, very simple. The only thing I have ever seen it do is block executions from temp folders. I would call it a simple BB, and I don't think that it will conflict with ESET.

I also have malwarebytes anti-exploit free running on that computer. I don't really believe it helps much, but since it doesn't hurt, I leave it running.

Reactions: ant_gamal

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
another idea, but this one means you will have to give up ESET:
install AVAST free, and put it in hardened mode/aggressive.
Now, use Hard_Configurator to disable wscript and powershell.
There you have it: a safe system, without complications.

D

Deleted member 178

Ok thanks for advice but running eset alone is not safe
I hacked before when I used it alone 2 years ago

So why keep using it, if you had a bad experience with it ; it is nonsense, you are using something you don't trust? :rolleyes:

So what do you think for better system security to do

Learn proper behavior and safe habits, then ESET will be effective.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
the best thing is to make your system hard to infect. Follow these simple steps:

0 don't click without thinking
1 smartscreen enabled
2 user account control at high level
3 do all your regular computer usage in a standard user account
4 any good antivirus
5 keep an up-to-date, offline backup of your important personal data. (Best way to do this is by making a system image)

If you do this, you can basically laugh at malware. Probably, you won't get infected at all. If you do, it will probably be ransomware, and you don't even care -- because you have an offline backup. You get the last laugh!

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
SpyShelter hands down. Top notch protection and no real system impact on performance that I noticed. Zemana failed every one of the loggers tests I threw at it. Contacted Zemana, but they really didn't have much of a response other than it will protect me against malware with their Pandora and cloud tech. I have Emsisoft, so I'm good in that department. How can I trust security software, if it fails publicly accessible testing programs. Sorry don't have much faith that it can protect my privacy/data in the event that malware does sneak threw my primary AV protection.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
SpyShelter hands down. Top notch protection and no real system impact on performance that I noticed. Zemana failed every one of the loggers tests I threw at it. Contacted Zemana, but they really didn't have much of a response other than it will protect me against malware with their Pandora and cloud tech. I have Emsisoft, so I'm good in that department. How can I trust security software, if it fails publicly accessible testing programs. Sorry don't have much faith that it can protect my privacy/data in the event that malware does sneak threw my primary AV protection.
spyshelter is number one antilogger. If that's what's important to you, use spyshelter.

however, KeyScrambler is pretty good too, it effectively encrypts keystrokes. Try it out, it passes the tests, last time I tried.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I contact spyshelter and they said if there is no issues happened
You may not disable HIPs from eset
And if issues happened disable HIPs and firewall

Reactions: shmu26
F

ForgottenSeer 55778

I would highly recommend ZAL (unless you have Kaspersky). It has great detection and far better malware, ransomware, and spyware protection. Its antilogger isn't much worse than Spyshelther either.

Reactions: shmu26

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I would highly recommend ZAL (unless you have Kaspersky). It has great detection and far better malware, ransomware, and spyware protection. Its antilogger isn't much worse than Spyshelther either.
I know they are testing tools and not actual malware, but they do provide a good baseline of protection against certain threats for a product. Try them out for yourself. I used SpyShelter test tool, Zemana test tool and AKLT, and Zemana failed all tests except for any key-logging tests. It missed everything else, even though they claim it protects against them. It even failed all of it's own tests except for the key-logging test. And I've seem many tests where it's real-time protection misses threats and scores below the competition. At this point I only use their AM free as a second opinion scanner to complement my current AV.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.