Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
UAC must always enabled! then have you a good config ;)
add one more On-demand Scanner: Hitman Pro or Emsisoft EK
maybe you can add the Browser Extension: Web of Trust WOT

Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Ok , Ok ...
'll Activate UAC and put Wot.
As for the cleaners, the truth , I do not want to give up either . Wise and Glary's use them daily, Argente every 3 days and use whenever you find things that others do not .
Thank you all , it is wonderful to find people willing to help and advise as you.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Detailed config, except you haven't stated if you have Service Pack 1 installed.
No amount of security can beat a patched system. :rolleyes:

Yes indeed I have SP1. I was weiting it when martians ... o_O no wait that excuse and I used it... well , ok , I have patched my immune system, and I forgot to write it ;)

Thanks

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Well, my hard drive broke and I installed a new one.

I was once the No. 1 Qihoo fanboy, but now after what happened (and because it was not all that happened and would not surprise me to spend more ) plus hard drive configuration change and this is where your advice is welcome, this is not a closed configuration, I doubt between Panda and Avira, put or not an external firewall (torrent downloaded and I test freeware software) ...

Security: Panda free Crystal Security RC2.

Demand scan: Malwarebytes free and Xvirus

Cleaners: Kerish Doctor, Wise Care and Galrys

Browsers: Yandex (very comfortable for those who visited websites in another language) and Cyberfox

Extensions: LastPass, HTTPS Everywhere, Ghostery, ublock Origin and Adguard (I hesitate between the last two and together do not bother)

Backup: Backup Ocster 7

Mail: Thunderbird

Privacy: Privazer

P2P: Deluge and Emule (the latter is easier to find less commercial music)

Media Player: VLC (Pot Player is another good option, but its translation into Spanish has to improve)

Uninstaller: Soft Organizer and Max Unninstaller

Office: LibreOffice (there are other good alternatives, but some are not in Spanish)

Other: Notepad ++, Clover, System Explorer, Bandizip, Ashampoo Snap 7 FarstStone Viewer, Everything, QTranslate, PowerISO, BurnAware free and Left4Dead, the essential soft.

All your advice and / or comments are welcome.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.