Browser(s) and extensions
SlimJet, Yandex and Firefox
uBlock origin, Lastpass,Magic Actions for Youtube, Video DownloadHelper
Maintenance tools
Wisecare PRO, kerish Doctor
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Instead of VLC have you ever tried PotPlayer not sure about the translation but is a very good media player. :oops:;):DThe rest looks pretty good. :D

Thanks friend :), but there are functions in Chinese, I suppose, and it bothers me, because I don't know what I'm missing in esta soft. And my Chinese level is well below that of English :D :p

Hi my friend.
You new config is very good but maybe you should use only one cleaner to avoid problems.

Should I use one, you're right. I usually use is Wise, but I'm trying Kerish Doctor, recently I got it here in the giveaway :D. Thanks amico :)

Very strong config my friend. :) Are you using portable version of Crystal Security or installed?

Thanks friend :). I'm using the installer version. I'm not going to talk about how good this program because you already know it, but I love it. ;)

You should get crystal security

Thanks friend :). I have it and I enjoy it. In fact, it is basic in my computer

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Terrific configuration as usual, I think you might give a shot for Opera which in my experience, a reliable and quicker browsing performance. Surely customization is a bit lack but simplicity is better. ;)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Terrific configuration as usual, I think you might give a shot for Opera which in my experience, a reliable and quicker browsing performance. Surely customization is a bit lack but simplicity is better. ;)
Hey James! :) I love Opera, in fact I think it's my favorite browser (along with cyberfox). So I like Yandex, it looks a lot like Opera, but better manage the bookmarks and above all, for me, it is the best to translate Web pages comfortably which is something I really need. Thanks for your advice :)

good and very strong config.
360 TS works well with xvirus firewall?

Hi friend!, thanks :) I test it and liked it. But you know I only understand (and bad :p) Spanish. Xvirus is really intuitive, I don't need translation, but firewalls... I do not understand much, they give me more respect. I need to understand perfectly what I have before for fear of a bad configuration. :confused: I test it in a VM and I enjoyed it, but I went back to one in Spanish. I am currently with Windows Firewall, for how long? 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... :p

For me, the best free firewall to accompany Qihoo is ZoneAlarm. No HIPS or Sandbox (AV has these two services). It is really effective and lightweight. I got a little problem with P2P programs, but I think it was more for my ignorance that lacks the firewall. With Comodo I had no problem, I deactivated HIPS in Comodo and Sandbox in AV. and everything worked perfectly:)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Does Yandex update regularly like chrome? want to give it a try :)
I wish I could answer correctly, but I have been with this browser a few hours.
I can tell you is that it is aesthetically pleasing, it seems closer to Opera than any other browser. It is fast and very pleasant to use. But again, it is the first day that I enjoy it. :)

upload_2015-5-8_20-22-13.png

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author

I believe that self-updates, as I look in the browser and does not have to manually update option, but look at "service" and do not see any files Yandex, I see, eg cyberfox. (Mozilla Maintenance Service)
I don't found in the Internet information about the update, so I guess it will be automatic.
Kind regards, my friend :)

Reactions: Venustus and Kent

Frame of Mind

Level 1
Verified
May 7, 2015
If your main post is still your config by today, add these:

1 - It is not hard to get a key for MBAM.
2 - Https everywhere and make sure your uBlock configuration is strong.

Other than that looks like a really good configuration!

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Uninstalled: Panda free

Installed: Webroot SecureAnywhere 2015

Why do I uninstall Panda? I liked it a lot, but do not know how to explain it ... I thought it boring, did not have much "feeling" with it. o_O

I'm used to Qihoo and FP and Panda is too good, too quiet for my habits. Webroot?, I will see that this works.

artifice22

Level 2
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Hello,

My name is artifce22 and I'd like to give you a few recommendations regarding your configuration.

PLEASE NOTE:

All the information you see below is certified and graded by various websites online, there is no false information at all.

1. Kaspersky Anti-Virus:

Essential Protection for Your PC
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 is your PC’s first line of defense against today’s complex malware threats. From the moment it’s installed, you benefit from essential, real-time protection against the latest malware attacks – without affecting your PC’s performance.

• NoLeftNav_icon210-220794.png

Defends against the latest viruses, spyware & more

• NoLeftNav_icon310-220795.png

Scans & warns you about dangerous weblinks & emails

• NoLeftNav_icon410-220796.png

Combines protection & performance for your PC

Product reviews : http://www.kaspersky.com/anti-virus#Feature2

2. Mozilla Firefox:

A very underrated browser these days, no one understands the simplicity and speed of it.
Using it is sure to get you addicted to it.

Firefox's most recent updates may be enough of a change to draw in web surfers who migrated to other browsers. The new version of Mozilla Firefox provides updates to the web browser that the service has needed for some time. Firefox has ditched the orange tabbed menu that sat on the top left and replaced it with a three-bar button menu that fits on the main toolbar. This design, called Australis, rounds off the tabs and highlights the tab you are currently on, while the other tabs appear more translucent.

Firefox's main menu focuses on simplicity. You immediately have access to open private windows, find add-ons and set up Adblock Plus. This new focus on ease of use and the impressive speed of navigation make Mozilla Firefox the Top Ten Reviews Gold Award winner in our internet browser reviews.

Firefox has always been a fast internet browser, and now it's even faster. It beats most of the competition in terms of speed, and it had no problems loading Firefox or quickly navigating from page to page.

Initial Startup Time:
The amount of seconds until a site completely boots up.

Firefox : 1.55 seconds
Chrome : 1.56 seconds
Opera : 2.2 seconds

Navigation Time:
The amount of time to load a new site from another site

Firefox : 3.21 seconds
Chrome : 5.29 seconds
Opera : 3.29 seconds

Firefox is my personal taste and you can see why.

Thank you for reading this reply,
I hope it benefited you in any way possible! :)

Have a nice day,

artifice.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
@artifice22 , thanks for your answer. Karpesky is with Eset, for me, the best AV, but I seek free solutions. And Firefox is great, gives very good performance, especially in Linux, but cyberfox is Firefox optimized. Aesthetically it is the same, the same choices ... all the same.
Thanks again, a very good response, providing data. :)

artifice22

Level 2
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
@artifice22 , thanks for your answer. Karpesky is with Eset, for me, the best AV, but I seek free solutions. And Firefox is great, gives very good performance, especially in Linux, but cyberfox is Firefox optimized. Aesthetically it is the same, the same choices ... all the same.
Thanks again, a very good response, providing data. :)

Always here if you need help buddy!

Have a good one! :)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Changes, changes, changes...

Webroot uninstalled

Why ?, because I've got a license of Norton AV 2014 for 6 months, and I like Norton, It was for me a revelation, did not use it for many, many years ago . :oops:

Now my first line of defense consists of Norton AV 2014, Crystal Security and Windows Firewall.

I've always liked firewalls like Comodo, ZoneAlarm ... but I think I'm very well protected. What do you think?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.