frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Changes, changes, changes...

Webroot uninstalled

Why ?, because I've got a license of Norton AV 2014 for 6 months, and I like Norton, It was for me a revelation, did not use it for many, many years ago . :oops:

Now my first line of defense consists of Norton AV 2014, Crystal Security and Windows Firewall.

I've always liked firewalls like Comodo, ZoneAlarm ... but I think I'm very well protected. What do you think?

I think you have it covered my friend. ;):)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Updated settings in W7.

Many changes, perhaps too much. :eek:

You find my new config. in the first post of this thread

W8.1 continue with Norton AV 2014 and now devote myself to try new soft in my good W7. :cool:

I want to learn. Any advice is welcome. Thank you. :)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Another update.:eek: Sometimes I think I should leave my computer quiet one season :rolleyes:

Now I have two Windows, which actually use W10 and Windows 7 that I do not want to let it go, which I use mainly for testing new software.
In both I have the same programs, except for specific changes in Windows 7

Removed:
  • Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64
  • Norton IS (I did not want lose it) :(
  • AOMEI Backupper PRO (for some strange reason it only works a few days on my computer)
  • SlimJet 64
  • 360 Web Threat Protection Extension
  • Deluge
Added:
  • Windows 10 PRO 64
  • EAM in Windows 10 and F-Secure IS in Windows 7 (thanks again @tonibalas)
  • Macrium Reflect (thanks again @frogboy)
  • Cent Browser
  • TrafficLight Extension
  • Qbittorrent
  • GlassWire beta because I don´t want Comodo FW or WFC (Two days after getting the giveaway I upgraded to W10 losing the key) :(
  • EaseUs EverySync
  • I can not decide between LibreOffice and WPS. I like both
  • AOMEI Partition Assistant
  • WinPatrol
As always, I welcome your suggestions to improve my computer. Thank you :)

L

LabZero

Thread author
Another update.:eek: Sometimes I think I should leave my computer quiet one season :rolleyes:

Now I have two Windows, which actually use W10 and Windows 7 that I do not want to let it go, which I use mainly for testing new software.

Removed:
  • AOMEI Backupper PRO (for some strange reason it only works a few days on my computer)
  • SlimJet 64
  • Deluge
Added:
  • Windows 10 PRO 64
  • Cent Browser
  • TrafficLight Extension
  • Qbittorrent
  • GlassWire beta because I don´t want Comodo FW or WFC (Two days after getting the giveaway I upgraded to W10 losing the key) :(
  • EaseUs EverySync
  • WinPatrol
Good update friend! I'm using LibreOffice and it's a good choice in my opinion.:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
It was stated in the initial post for the WFC Giveaway (EXPIRED - BiniSoft Windows Firewall Contol Giveaway)
Yes and we must contact @exterminator20 again if you want to reactivate it again. Says this post

Winners please note:
Once I have the majority of winners who have replied with their unique ID I will send them to the vendor.
If you have reset or reinstalled your OS before you have received your activation code you need to reinstall WFC and send me the new ID in your winning PM.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
It was stated in the initial post for the WFC Giveaway (EXPIRED - BiniSoft Windows Firewall Contol Giveaway)

I know it. I did not plan to update it. It was like a "boost" a mistake to have made it so, because I could have kept the Windows 7 right. The good thing is that I have a image of that partition and I can keep using it in Windows 7, but not Windows 10.

Yes and we must contact @exterminator20 again if you want to reactivate it again. Says this post

Thanks, I'll try it, but if my translator is not wrong,i am not doing a reset or reinstall, it is a change of OS, but i 'll try it, thanks

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Use a VM if you play with malwares

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013

Removed:
  • SlimJet 64
  • Deluge
Added:
  • Windows 10 PRO 64
  • Cent Browser
  • TrafficLight Extension
  • Qbittorrent
  • EaseUs EverySync
  • WinPatrol
@Sr. Normal, ..a very enjoyable to read configuration wherein changes :eek:abound!;) It takes a degree of courage to switch operating systems, letting go of some things. To move forward one must leave others behind.
Yes, you'd un-installed all of these like a true Spartan:mad:!! :p:D

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015

Removed:
  • SlimJet 64
  • Deluge
Added:
  • Windows 10 PRO 64
  • Cent Browser
  • TrafficLight Extension
  • Qbittorrent
  • EaseUs EverySync
  • WinPatrol
Awesome update bro, thanks for sharing :)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
@Sr. Normal, ..a very enjoyable to read configuration wherein changes :eek:abound!;) It takes a degree of courage to switch operating systems, letting go of some things. To move forward one must leave others behind.
Yes, you'd un-installed all of these like a true Spartan:mad:!! :p:D

Hahaha, :D Great video, thanks. :) I want a Spartan AV.
Sorry for the delay in the response, just I do not know what happened. :( you know, I only have 2 neurons and ... :oops:

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Windows 10 config:

Added: WSA (thanks @Klipsh ;) ) , TinyWall and Paragon B&R

Removed: EAM, Glasswire beta, WPS and AOMEI Backupper PRO

Lately I felt a little heavy EAM, so I'm testing with a lighter config. On my computer this has happened on other occasions with the BitDefender engine
Glasswire is really nice, but I think the better the "austere" TinyWall.
After trying both, the truth is that I work more comfortable with Libreoffice so I uninstall WPS
Aomei Backupper just stopped working. When reinstalling it went well for a couple of days, but again fail, then the same thing happened to me with Macrium Reflect. Now with Paragon seems that everything works (thanks @frogboy ;) )
I love WinPatrol, but I do not know what to do with it. In Windows 7 is a inamovibler soft, but Windows 10 I have many doubts. I have it in quarantine, waiting to see what I decide to do with it

Thinking about adding Qihoo 360 TS disabling Avira and BD engines

All your tips are welcome. Thanks :)

L

LabZero

Thread author
Windows 10 config:

Lately I felt a little heavy EAM, so I'm testing with a lighter config. On my computer this has happened on other occasions with the BitDefender engine
After trying both, the truth is that I work more comfortable with Libreoffice so I uninstall WPS
Aomei Backupper just stopped working. When reinstalling it went well for a couple of days, but again fail, then the same thing happened to me with Macrium Reflect. Now with Paragon seems that everything works (thanks @frogboy ;) )
I love WinPatrol, but I do not know what to do with it. In Windows 7 is a inamovibler soft, but Windows 10 I have many doubts. I have it in quarantine, waiting to see what I decide to do with it

I also use Paragon, reliable and secure software.
So great and light config now.;)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Windows 10 config:

Good update, my friend. As @Klipsh said it is a very strong and light configuration. Congrats !! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.