Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Question,
I am a little impatient, I was going to wait and install the firecudas at the same time it was in shop for the Mobo to get installed. Well I have to wait as our local guy is back scheduled.
I am wanting to install and set up the firecudas, but I have Ccleaner pro installed. Now if I follow correctly
the SSD portion of the Firecudas is to speedup frequently accessed programs, but the programs are
still written to the magnetic disc like with a HDD.
Should I just delete CCleaner ?
I think given the way Seagate is doing this that it would be ok to keep Ccleaner, but with this "hybrid"
type of drive I want to err on the side of caution.
What do you think ?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I'm not talking about you Bora, but my initial post was asking a spacific question concerning
My FireCuda's and Ccleaner. It has taken on a life of it's own now. Can i mark it as solved
somehow or something ? Thanks brother.

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Security is not an issue with SSDs. As noted above, if you are concerned about security, SSDs are easy to encrypt without any significant decrease in performance.

And when you delete a file on a SSDs, it really is deleted, unlike a HD where the location is just marked as available. So in reality, you don't even have to worry about running secure erase if getting rid of the SSD. All you really have to do is make sure you delete every file. And you can do that easily in one step with Secure Erase.

Running a wipe program does no good on a SSD, as noted way back in Post #3. Because wiping a SSD is not effective, that may be where the confusion over security came from for those not familiar with how a SSD stores (and deletes) files.

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Security is not an issue with SSDs. As noted above, if you are concerned about security, SSDs are easy to encrypt without any significant decrease in performance.

And when you delete a file on a SSDs, it really is deleted, unlike a HD where the location is just marked as available. So in reality, you don't even have to worry about running secure erase if getting rid of the SSD. All you really have to do is make sure you delete every file. And you can do that easily in one step with Secure Erase.

Running a wipe program does no good on a SSD, as noted way back in Post #3. Because wiping a SSD is not effective, that may be where the confusion over security came from for those not familiar with how a SSD stores (and deletes) files.
OMFG dude, I was trying to be polite, now I will be blunt, This thread was a question for help With SSHD's & Ccleaner, Firecuda & Ccleaner to be exact, and nothing more, it traveled way off topic.
Thanks for your input, but my initial question was answered by BoraMurdar & SHvFI, have a nice day.

Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Jeesh! Chill dude! Okay, you're the OP, it is your thread and I respect that. But I was not talking with myself!

You got your answers and that's great and the most important point. But you and others raised several interesting questions in this thread. And several here were still discussing those issues (that were still related to SSDs and SSD cleaning, BTW) raised during the discussion.

What's the harm in perusing those lines? They didn't interfere with you getting your answers - you already had them! I don't believe anyone was forcing you to keep reading! There was still some good information being exchanged by several people. Why stifle the learning process? Isn't that why we are all here?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.